Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Music Man HD-212

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Turock, Jun 29, 2002.

1. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    I have had one of these Music Man HD-212 cabinets in my garage for a couple of weeks now, and due to some health problems, I just got to check it out with my Demeter VTBP 201/Hafler Pro5000 (900 watts bridged at 8 ohms) rig at rehearsal yesterday. I have used a 4x10 Hartke and a 1x15 EV for the last several years, and always thought I had great sound; however I was never too thrilled with the sound of using either cabinet alone. So far I am loving the punchy sound of this 2x12 cabinet. It really cuts through the mix well.
    I remember several people getting these cabinets several months ago. I was wondering what people thought about them now that the newness has worn off.

2. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    I'm running the 2X12 and 2X10 stacked under the HD500 head. Couldn't be happier.
    Doc

3. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    ahhh drool doc youve got one of my 2 dream rigs. Id love one of those musicman audiophile rigs. Either that or a nice svt on top of an 8x10.

4. my new Mesa M200 and two EB-MM HD212 setup is the finest I have ever played through....I ahve gigged twice and each time I was complimented on my tone not only by the audience but by the band members who pointed out ho much better it sounded w/o being loud? I thought that was veru interesting. Instead of boosting my EQ to get "my" sound..I played fairly falt. Far more fundamental than my old Eden 2x12's and the throaty slice of that 6" driver rules!! I play heavy dub and demand allot from my cabs. Check out some of our tunes at the link below? Twice the headroom, well built..a keeper fro sure. Butt-heavy yes...I stuck Mesa casters on mine. I would seriously recomend these cabs.