1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Music Man Humbucker Pickguard Mounted?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nato101010, Mar 13, 2010.

1. nato101010

nato101010

Dec 12, 2009
    Ontario
    Is it possible to mount a Music Man style humbucker onto a pickguard? I've seen MM basses without pickguards a lot, so I'm guessing most of them are direct mounted to the body. But, can I take a Seymour Duncan

[​IMG] pickup and mounting it to a pickguard? Under the pickguard its pool-style routed, so there's room. Thanks guys in advance.

2. bobalu

bobalu

Oct 1, 2004
    above the 49th
    It just wasn't designed to do that. I suppose there's always a way to MacGyver it, but you would have to damage the pup case (ie: remove the 3 screw tabs and somehow mount a bracket to mimic a Gibson style humbucker). I have never seen or heard of anyone doing that (doesn't mean it can't be done though).

3. nato101010

nato101010

Dec 12, 2009
    Ontario
    Hmm, don't really want to mess around with it. Maybe I'm better off with a Sheehan config.
    Thanks though. Thats that I wanted to know.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 30, 2020