Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

music man manufacture date

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Pre EB, Apr 16, 2002.

1. Pre EB

Pre EB

Mar 15, 2002
    Denton, Tx
    OK, I tried it and took the neck off of my bass to see if a date of manufacture was stamped on the heel or where ever. Nada! Nothing! Any advice on how to tell when my baby was born? It's a real Leo made, and I think sometime in the early eighties. Any help welcome.
    Thanks,
    Joe

2. Pre EB

Pre EB

Mar 15, 2002
    Denton, Tx
    What I heard is that that only works for Fenders. I think there was some time, after EB bought Music Man, that they continued to use old stock without putting "Ernie Ball" anywhere on the bass. Mine has a four bolt neck if that helps. It doesn't really matter to me- Ive played the snot out of this thing for thirteen years, I'm just curious about it's age. Poor little orphan; I love her!

3. Did you look on the back of the pot? On my EB-era ones, there's always been a sticker with a date.

4. Pre EB

Pre EB

Mar 15, 2002
    Denton, Tx
    Look on the back of my pot? I don't smoke that stuff anymore! Just kidding- I haven't been in there in a while but I'm pretty sure there's nothing like that in my pot cavity;). Any other suggestions?
    I'm tired........ and loopy.............