Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Music Man Pickguard & Accessories Source

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by blipndub, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Hey all,

I'm wanting a black pickguard and pickup cover scheme on my trans orange SR5, but I'm having a hard time finding a source for this stuff, any suggestions?

2. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Don't know of a resource for pickup covers, but for pickguards you can try here.

3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Pickguards are usually available on Ebay, as well as Jeannie Pickguards and pickguards.com.

You are NOT going to be able to change the pickup cover itself. The insides are permanently epoxied to the cover. Best option if you want to change the color is to change the pickup itself. I had to buy an entire used SR5 from Ebay once just to swap the pickups, then resold the bass!

4. Wow, I didn't know that, interesting. So my black pickguard plan sort of falls away. I can't spend another 1000 bucks for a pickup!! maybe someone will sell one eventually.

5. I've purchased pickguards aand pickup covers directly from Ernie Ball.

6. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    did you try the TB classifieds?

7. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Try Bass Central for the pickguard. They swap them out if you want when you buy a new one from them, so they have them in stock. I only know of them doing this for Sterlings and SR4's but I'm fairly certain they have SR5 guards too.