1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Music Man RH115 cab!!!! $150+ shipping

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Chef, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    The seldom seen, but quite nice Music Man RH 115 "sorta folded horn cab."
    I bought this empty, from 4Mal, for use with my now sold Music Man HD150 head.

I ran it with an EV speek for a while, an PV Black Widow speek for a while and an Em 3015; but all of those were borrowed for sonic testing from rigs I ain't selling today;)

Currently loaded with a spare Behringer 400 watt, 4 ohm speek that actually sounds good in this cab. The big open port/kinda horn shape it has makes it act and sound like a much bigger/deeper box than it is. It's tall and wide, but not so very deep. Pretty easy one handed carry woth the side mounted strap handle though.

There is a cut in the tolex on one side that could easily be glued back down; I never cared that much.

I paid $150 for it empty, you can have it and the Behringer for the same price, plus shipping!
    It should fetch more than that on ebay, heck, the badges go pretty steep on some days, depending who's bidding...

Dimensions:
    27x27x13; 58 lbs; it'll be a little bigger and heavier than that for shipping, from 65201.

MM115RH.

2. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    pm's answered
    dimensions and weight, and hip from zip code are in the first post, if you care to run your own shipping quotes.
    packing materials will add to that, but not lots.

3. That is cool -

I have one that the tolex was shredded, speaker was gone, joints were all loose form years of abuse. A friend is a carpenter redid the entire thing - I tool it and had it sprayed with bedliner, made a new grill cloth, installed TWO side handles, and put rubber feet and pllastic corners on it. It is loaded with a JBL M151-8.

In otherwords, it is no longer what you have.....

yours looks really great. Mine sound real nice! Great tight mids with that JBL and plenty of lows witht he horn. It throws nicely.

You should have no problem cost wise, I wanted more out of mine when I tried to sell it. Instead, I am trading it to a local friend.

BTW - MY MM Logo was missing, and the thing was a real mess! Here it is now.
    P1010004.

closetexture.

4. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Neat!
    Yep, that jbl would be good in there; and they do indeed throw well on stage.

I used mine paired with a Music Man HD150 head, and a Stingray HH4: all Music Man signal chain-awesome!

5. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    pm's replied, thx

6. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    ttt

7. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    These are awesome cabs, and at this price and condition, a steal... I just paid $125 for one not nearly this nice, (why do some yutz' insist on 'customizing' something that is totally awesome to begin with?)... Someone please buy it... My wife will kill me if I do!!

-robert

8. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    the two shipping estimates I've run (LA & SF) were both $58, based on 30x30x15 @ 70 lbs.
    actual packaging to a real address may change that some, but almost everywhere is closer to me than west coast...

9. Hold on there a minute. PM at ya!

10. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Sebastian: it's currently loaded with a 4 ohm speaker; and that's as low as you HD130 goes...you'd have to re-load it with an 8 ohm speek to pair with you MM HD210.

It'd be nice like that if you did though.
    bltsound.com for speeks.

11. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    on hold for sebastian...thx!

12. Sebastion -
    Your back will love this thing!

13. if mine had been that nice to begin with, I woul have never re-done it. the one I had was pretty road burned!

AND

it had no speaker.......pretty nice resurrection I think!

14. Nice to hear.

15. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Yessir, it's a dream compared to my mesa diesel 115's.
    Them's some heavy bastids when loaded with the EV speeks they came with.

16. Got it thanks Chef..

17. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Very good, thanks, and enjoy!

thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.