1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Music Man Sabre deluxe '91

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Olins, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Olins

Olins

Dec 11, 2006
  2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I would not pay that for a Sabre without the original electronics. I think it is worth $800-$900 tops.

3. Rano Bass

Rano Bass

Sep 9, 2006
    Tijuana Mex.
    I don't think Sabre's were made in 1991, but what Dr. Cheese said is right, if modded the price should be around $800-$900.

4. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger Commercial User

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The Overlord of Nordstrand Pickups
    Click here for more information.

I love Bartolinis but would never put them in a Music Man. Ever.

5. Rano Bass

Rano Bass

Sep 9, 2006
    Tijuana Mex.
    If you're in europe that's actually a good price for the bass.

6. Olins

Olins

Dec 11, 2006
    Thanks for help... I'm from Lettland and transport expenses from US are something about 500$ so I think I'll take it. Owner will give me one day to try this base, then I'll make final decision.

I would like to know - why no bartolinis on musicman???

7. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis

The sound of Bartolinis are the exact opposite of the classic Music Man sound. Barts are fine, but they are very mellow, and Music Man basses are very aggressive. For instance, compare Lakland 55-94s/55-02s with Barts to Stingrays, they are night and day.

8. Olins

Olins

Dec 11, 2006
    Thank you for explenation... I'll consider that when trying this base. It will be a good reason to bergain.

Maybe it will be an interesting midway, because I need an agressive soun when playing rock, but I'm playing pop and r&b too - so then I need soft tone. Let it see how this base sounds.