1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Music Man Sabre pre/switches

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by brothernewt, Sep 25, 2005.

1. brothernewt

brothernewt Some people call me the stormtrooper of love...

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    anyone know on the Sabre 2EQ/toggle switch option... (kinda rare, i know) what freq(s) are boosted with the "bright" switch engaged?

2. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Good question....I've been wondering the same thing.

3. Hi, I own 79' MM Sabre(origina thread http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=442610 ). The electronics is original vintage musicman replacement, but, as the previous owner said, they didn't make this replacement with support of "bright" switch, so, I would like to bring that switch to functionality now. Any ideas how to do it?

Here:
    http://ulozna.soulslavers.com/soubory/davidak-040509-202128-schema_for.jpg

is a wiring diagram I made(I'm sorry I'm not an electro-guy :) ). Names are in czech language, but I'm sure you'll understand.

I don't know, how was it solved, mabe some simple filter? Thanks for any advice.

David

4. I believe sabre switches are similar to G&L L2000 switches

5. I can check it out tonight but really...... you're not missing much.

6. spideyjg

spideyjg

Mar 19, 2006
    San Diego
    Ones you can't hear. Really, other than a pop when flipped I can't tell if on or off.

Whoa zombie thread....

Jim

7. Funkinthetrunk

Funkinthetrunk Registered User Supporting Member

I remember reading somewhere that the original MM 2 band preamps was something like this:

Bass 40hz
    Treble 10khz

So with the added bright switch....hell, I don't know. I guess you might trying asking John East of East UK (J-Retro preamps) since I loaned him my extra Sabre preamp a few years ago. He did some extensive testing on it trying to re-create it.

Sabres, the ultimate funk machine. I should install my extra preamp into something else and capture the vibe.

8. Ok, I won't try to recreate Bright switch. Maybe, I would use that swith for other things- bypass the active, some booster.. Any ideas?