Music Man Sabre pre/switches

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by brothernewt, Sep 25, 2005.

1. brothernewt

brothernewt Some people call me the stormtrooper of love...

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    anyone know on the Sabre 2EQ/toggle switch option... (kinda rare, i know) what freq(s) are boosted with the "bright" switch engaged?
  2. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Good question....I've been wondering the same thing.
  3. Hi, I own 79' MM Sabre(origina thread ). The electronics is original vintage musicman replacement, but, as the previous owner said, they didn't make this replacement with support of "bright" switch, so, I would like to bring that switch to functionality now. Any ideas how to do it?

is a wiring diagram I made(I'm sorry I'm not an electro-guy :) ). Names are in czech language, but I'm sure you'll understand.

I don't know, how was it solved, mabe some simple filter? Thanks for any advice.

4. I believe sabre switches are similar to G&L L2000 switches
  5. I can check it out tonight but really...... you're not missing much.
  6. spideyjg

Mar 19, 2006
    San Diego
    Ones you can't hear. Really, other than a pop when flipped I can't tell if on or off.

Whoa zombie thread....

7. Funkinthetrunk

Funkinthetrunk Registered User Supporting Member

I remember reading somewhere that the original MM 2 band preamps was something like this:

Bass 40hz
    Treble 10khz

So with the added bright switch....hell, I don't know. I guess you might trying asking John East of East UK (J-Retro preamps) since I loaned him my extra Sabre preamp a few years ago. He did some extensive testing on it trying to re-create it.

Sabres, the ultimate funk machine. I should install my extra preamp into something else and capture the vibe.
  8. Ok, I won't try to recreate Bright switch. Maybe, I would use that swith for other things- bypass the active, some booster.. Any ideas?