1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Music Man Sterling Fretless 2 HH

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jazzyitalian, Dec 22, 2016.

1. jazzyitalian

jazzyitalian Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Lawyer and Hobbist Bass Maker
    Price:
    $1350.00
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    This beautiful Sterling Fretless was a custom order I made in 2003. At the time Music man was only making single humbucker pickup basses and I was not entirely satisfied with that situation.

So I decided to convert it into a two pick up Sterling Fretless. I was able to locate 2 original Music Man Stingray alnico pickups from roughly the same time period and installed them on the bass. I sold the original Sterling pickup to recoup the expense. The lever was converted to a pick up gate. So the lever has three settings: Neck solo, Both, and Bridge solo. The eq knobs were not changed. That's a volume pot with three band eq.

In theory you could say that this is one of the first 2 pick up sterling basses on the market since it has all original Music Man components and parts. The difference is that it does sound more like Stingray fretless, on a slightly smaller Sterling body and slightly more narrow neck.

The fretboard is pau ferro. When I ordered the bass Ernie Ball did a special seal to the back of the neck that feels and looks like a satin finish. So it is not the classic gunstock oil application on a bare neck.

When I say the condition and cosmetics of this bass is MINT, I mean it. It's had very little play time. Never gigged, never left the house. Not a scratch.

My asking price includes shipping anywhere in the US. It also includes the much nicer G&G Deluxe case and goodies. I also bought a matching leather strap with a burst coloring from dark red to lighter red. If you live out of US, please email me for an independant shipping quote. I will give all US residents a $50 credit on the shipping cost to your country.
    Here's the link to the photos:

Sterling Fretless Modified by Jeff Herman

And here's one for the Avatar:
    7e83.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  2. jazzyitalian

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    I'll be gone from 12/23 to 12/28

Mike Sorr likes this.
  3. Mike Sorr

Mike Sorr “...play I some music...” Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Brick, NJ
    OH man! I'd love to have one of these!

4. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    The sound of a fretless Music Man is a beautiful thing.

5. jazzyitalian

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    It sure is a beautiful thing.

6. jazzyitalian

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Sold!