1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Music Man Sterling Preamp help

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by goat1234, Sep 7, 2008.

1. goat1234

goat1234

Mar 17, 2004
    Virgnia
    I have an older mm sterling, and a lot of the wires came unsoldered. Now I resoldered them but am not getting any sound. I had it plugged in to the jack, and the battery got very very hot, so im thinking that some wires are crossed wrong or something, but there is nothing i can really see with close inspection. Does anyone have photos or anything that could help me repair this?

2. iirc, the only wires that are visible when you take the control plate off are the pickup leads. the preamp board has the colors printed on it so you can solder them back to the correct spots easily. also, pull out the battery box (if it has one) and make sure nothing came detached. i have a 96 sterling and about a year ago i dropped it and it went dead. turned out the wires came detached from the battery box.

3. nivagues

nivagues

Jan 18, 2002
    Australia
    I have a wiring schematic if you need it.

My Email