1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Music Man Sting Ray 4 - 2005 - Natural - Mint!!! FS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bassosaurus, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bassosaurus

Bassosaurus Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    $850.00 shipped to you and insured in the contiguous 48. I will include an extra set of strings in the deal - the case is included.

Stunning Swamp Ash body! - things hardly been touched. I started playing w/ these guys - thought it was gonna be a thing - then the singer had a second kid and it fizzled. So this bass saw two band practices and very little home play.

I bought it in the fall (october, I believe) - chose from several - this one seemed to have some mojo to go w/ the good looks.

She's cherry and I believe the case is, as well - had a pro set-up at time of purchase - still plays great. I think the pictures say it all, but can email you some different angles or bigger one's if you wish.

I have a couple nice acoustics and this bass has been stored in a room w/ them - between 68 and 78 degrees and 40-50% humidity, for what it's worth.

The wife and I are splitting and I gotta find a house I can afford in this crazy market! So, you'll probably be seeing a lot of me here. Time to unload some stuff:meh:

I have 100% feedback rating on ebay. If you do a search for "gretsch 6118 tv jones" that's one I'm selling too - you can see my score. I'm 4toons4u

2. Bassosaurus

Aug 27, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Some of the neck - the neck feels great - nice and soft/smooth - and it's totally clean!

3. Bassosaurus

Aug 27, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    buMp

4. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Think we might be able to arrange a payment plan? I can have you ship it to Ohio as opposed to Canada. or maybe even Arizona. I have family in both places.

What is the neck like? The thickness?
    Cause, I prefer thin necks. Like a Jazz. But, or even a precision neck.

-Mark

5. Bassosaurus

Aug 27, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Hey Mark,

I'm not sure what you mean by "payment plan" but, if you mean you'd make payments in installments over a period of time, I'd likely say no unless you wanted to wait until all the payments were made before I ship the bass - probably not what you had in mind and even then it's sort of a sketchy plan.

The neck is more like a p-bass neck than a jazz neck as far as width goes. I think the Stingray necks are pretty standard and have not changed much over the years - if at all.

I live in Tucson, AZ.

Thanks for checkin' out my bass - lemme know if you have any other questions.:D

6. Bassosaurus

Aug 27, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Price now$850.00 shipped to you and insured in the contiguous 48.

I will include an extra set of strings in the deal - the case is included.

7. eqvolvorama

eqvolvorama Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2000
    Arlington, Virginia
    PM sent.

8. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    No no. I ment you keep it until I pay it off. Maybe if I even pay a certian amount to you that we can talk about, and then you send the bass. Then once I recieve the bass i'll send the rest of the money.

Either way, i'm definately interested.

-Mark

9. Bassosaurus

Aug 27, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Bass has been sold!:D

Thanks so much everyone for looking and asking some good questions.

The Frenz 6er is still available...............!
    :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.