1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Music Man Stingray 5 HH mod question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Scotty Huff, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Scotty Huff

Scotty Huff

Mar 30, 2021
    Hey all,

I apologize in advance for the neophyte question here, but I recently purchased an EBMM Stingray 5 HH. I would like to add a 3-way toggle switch pickup selector (similar to a Les Paul) in order to isolate each individual coil when the 5-way switch is in either the 2 position or the 4 position.

For example, currently when the 5-way is in the 2 position, coils 1&4 are active. With my 3-way toggle in the center position, this would remain the same. However, switching the 3-way in one direction would turn off the neck pickup (coil 4) and allow coil 1 to be the only active coil. Switching the 3-way in the other direction would turn off the bridge pickup (coil 1) and allow only coil 4 to be active. The same would work with the 5-way in position 4 in order to isolate coil 2 or coil 3 respectively.

Whew! So...
    1. Is this possible?
    2. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for that specific model of Stingray (I can't find one anywhere)?
    3. Any suggestions on the best way to do this?
    4. Am I nuts? (This is rhetorical. I know the answer.)
    Thanks in advance for any replies.

Scotty

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 12, 2021