Music Man Stingray SLO Necks and 2-Band EQ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Christcr, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Christcr

Christcr

Feb 8, 2015
    Utah
    I was nosing around on the Music Man website a moment ago and noticed that the Stingray page still lists the "SLO neck" option and 2-band EQ option.

I was under the impression that they stopped offering both of those options. Are they back now, or were they always there? A couple of years ago, I did something REALLY stupid: I sold the natural ash finish SLO Stingray w/2-band EQ that I had Music Man make for me (and waited 6 months to get). I've been kind of kicking myself in the ***** ever since for doing that. Now it looks as if I could, theoretically, order another??? (and NEVER sell it)

Has anyone ordered these option lately? Are they really available?

Hmmmm. GAS is building, if this is the case...

2. Jonithen

Jonithen

Dec 3, 2012
    Seacoast NH
    I got a 2 band SLO stealth fretless end of April / beginning of March. Probably one of the last orders befpbe the upgrade. Love it, need to sort out a problem spot at the D octave on the G but a great bass easy playability and I love the 2 band (difficulty finding midpoints notwithstanding). Hope you land one ypu love.

Burwabit likes this.
  3. Deak

Deak

Feb 28, 2016
    Kansas
    I'll be at GearFest and my Sales rep said the Musicman reps will be there. I'll be sure and ask. I looked at those for some time then looked in my wallet. :crying: I prefer the slimmer neck as well.

4. Clef_de_fa

Clef_de_fa Guest

Dec 25, 2011
    The info on the website is all wrong.

I tried to buy a lefty stingray and my local music store said they don't do those anymore ... they are still on their stupid website ... so I wrote to EBMM and the rep guy told me that they indeed stopped making them because they revamped the Stingray this year.

I'm pretty sure they haven't delivered any instrument ordered since january 1st

5. Christcr

Christcr

Feb 8, 2015
    Utah
    Cool, I would love to know for sure.

6. Edmang

Edmang Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2013
    MA
    The website lists the older Stingray specs. But my understanding is you cannot order those anymore. The new version of the Stingray is going to be available in July. Assuming the website will be update then

7. Christcr

Christcr

Feb 8, 2015
    Utah
    That's what I have been assuming as well. That's really too bad. Yeah there is the Sterling, a wonderful bass, but not a Stingray with a 2-band. Then there is the Stingray Classic--again, a wonderful instrument, but no narrow neck option.

That leaves only the option of a used SLO with a 2-band EQ (rare as hen's teeth) or having a Stingray Classic's neck shaved down... a pain in the butt.

8. somebrains

somebrains

Feb 7, 2017
    Ray34CA and swap the preamp &/or the pickup if it bugs you.
    The J profile neck is really nice.
    I found the Indo 2-band + alnico was better than my stock 30th Anniversary SR4.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021