1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Music Man Style Pup Wiring?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Hotrod98Z, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Hotrod98Z

Hotrod98Z

Jul 27, 2004
    B-Town
    I've tried searching but i cannot find anything that helps me out. I've got a Traben Chaos core 5 string with music man style pups and an Aggie OBP3, i replaced the pickups with Bartolini DL5CBC, the extended stingray shape. They have five wires, green, shield, black, red and white, so did the Rockfield pups that i took out. So i just matched up color for color and it was cool. The pickups work, however the five way selector switch does not sound right, When i run the switch all the way on the neck, bridge, or in the middle, there is hardly no output at all and it sounds very very thin, overall the pickups just don't seem to be as powerful as they should be. Does anyone have any ideas as what it could be, if i can't get in working right i'm gonna have to take it to the shop. Thanks