SOLD Music Man SUB 5 Fretless - US Made Active Version

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bassology, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Bassology

Bassology

Feb 2, 2006
    Price:
    $650
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    I got this american made SUB from a local trade originally. While I love how it plays and its versatility of sounds, I am just not much of a fretless guys these days, plus I am really trying to unload most of my basses by just keeping two around. For the price, I don't think you could get a better sounding fretless than this guy.

For those not familiar with the original SUB lines, these basses were made in Ernie Ball's California factory. Made every bit like its bigger brother with same quality parts and electronics. Mine is the active version with a 2 band EQ, which I think suits the pickup placement. Poplar slab body with textured matt finish. Maple neck with Pau Ferro unlined fingerboard. Overall condition is in excellent shape, only some minor scratches here and there. An 8.8 out of 10 I would say. The fingerboard has some light string marks but they are superficial only, btw, Pau Ferro is much tougher than your average rosewood. Currently, the bass is setup with DR SunBeam, which suits the bass perfectly, and the action is currently set medium low.

It comes with a soft gigbag, but will be packed well for the shipment. Looking for $650 USD. All payments must be with either Cash, Postal MO or PayPal E-Check payment. Shipped USA/CANADA.

20151211_135639.jpg

20151211_135645.jpg

20151211_135650.jpg

20151211_135706.jpg

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  2. Bassology

Bassology

Feb 2, 2006
    Sold to a local talkbass member.