Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Music Man SUB

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Minimalist, Feb 1, 2004.

1. I searched but couldn't find anything. Did anybody try them yet? Is there any thread I missed? I tried them today at GC and liked the 4 but not the 5, but I guess with better strings (meaning B=.140 or so) it might be OK.

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I think the common concensus on that bass is that its wiser just to save up a little more and buy the regular Musicman Stingray or Sterling. It will probably make for more satisfaction in the end.

3. I actually disagree. I got a nicer sound faster (through a SWR WM15) compared to a Sterling/Stingray. I really liked how easy it was to set up a nice sound. But maybe that's just me. :meh:

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Well if you like it then go for it. Im not telling you not too, but Im just stating what i remember from old threads about this bass.

5. fremenblue

fremenblue

Jan 8, 2003
    Eugene, Or.
    I'm *very* happy with my Musicman SUB, I like that it's a bit different from the Stingray but still gets the sound no problem. I like the neck finish, I dig the weird textured paint, very tough no b.s. kinda finish, goes with Texas bar grill on my cabs. I like that it's a little retro, a little quirky, and that I have no problem getting several different workable tones out of this bass with ease.

I dig my SUB! :)

6. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    Has anyone tried a SUB 5? (not to hijack your thread :ninja: )