Music Man SUB

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Minimalist, Feb 1, 2004.

1. I searched but couldn't find anything. Did anybody try them yet? Is there any thread I missed? I tried them today at GC and liked the 4 but not the 5, but I guess with better strings (meaning B=.140 or so) it might be OK.
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I think the common concensus on that bass is that its wiser just to save up a little more and buy the regular Musicman Stingray or Sterling. It will probably make for more satisfaction in the end.
  3. I actually disagree. I got a nicer sound faster (through a SWR WM15) compared to a Sterling/Stingray. I really liked how easy it was to set up a nice sound. But maybe that's just me. :meh:
  4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Well if you like it then go for it. Im not telling you not too, but Im just stating what i remember from old threads about this bass.
  5. fremenblue

Jan 8, 2003
    Eugene, Or.
    I'm *very* happy with my Musicman SUB, I like that it's a bit different from the Stingray but still gets the sound no problem. I like the neck finish, I dig the weird textured paint, very tough no b.s. kinda finish, goes with Texas bar grill on my cabs. I like that it's a little retro, a little quirky, and that I have no problem getting several different workable tones out of this bass with ease.

I dig my SUB! :)
  6. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    Has anyone tried a SUB 5? (not to hijack your thread :ninja: )