Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

music man SUB

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by oldirtymoney, Mar 11, 2003.

1. oldirtymoney

oldirtymoney Banned

Jul 16, 2002
    california, carslbad
    what you guys think about the music man SUB, looks way sick

2. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Bongo bass. Bongo. Will own bongo. Must have bongo. Bongo bass will be mine soon. I love Bongo basses. The universe is sending a Bongo bass to me now, regardless of the fact that I have no money and they're not even on the market yet. I will own a Bongo bass. Bongo bass. Bongo bass.....

Ahhhhh........

3. I was wondering the same thing-What is the difference between a 'Ray and a Sub? Just the finishes?

4. well, only two-band EQ. i like that better, like it was with pre-EB stingrays. and the dimesnsions could be a bit different. and it's poplar- what are 'rays usually?
    lookin' good...

5. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    what's weird is that they says it's two band, but also say it's passive. :confused:

supposedly the body isn't as contoured, and the woods are a little less nice, finishes simpler, less options, etc...

6. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    I know this is possible, but for the same reason I feel they're ripping this from G&L. It's another leo thing, but you know...

7. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    The bongo...ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I thought it was growing on me, and then I looked at it again...:eek:

8. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    you're not supposed to keep looking at it! just obsess on it.

9. Ok, so it's kind of a sub-priced EB Stingray, but better quality than an OLP Stingray?

10. Active pickups with a passive preamp / EQ , with audio taper pots , or so I'd assume .

11. My name is freaky fender and i... LIKE THE BONGO, there, i said it...

12. oldirtymoney

oldirtymoney Banned

Jul 16, 2002
    california, carslbad
    i like the sub alot, i like how the headstock is black and how there is 3 control knobs instead of 4. Dont like the bongo but would be interesting to play.