Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Music Man users

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by lubcha132, Feb 18, 2002.

1. lubcha132

lubcha132

Feb 17, 2002
    NJ, USA
    I know the bassists from Sugar Ray, Reel Big Fish, Goldfinger, and Starsailor use Music Men, but who else?

Josh

2. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
  3. Bassist for the Mad Caddies plays one, as does Roger for LTJ. David LaRue,(I was just at the MM website) Wil-Dog Abers played one on one new track on Ozomatli's new album, and I think he played one on most of the tracks of their first one.

4. I think but I could be wrong, Mark from Blink uses one in Carousel and M&Ms. Could be wrong though.

5. Flea used to use one,
    Skunk anansie bassist,
    I use one,
    Fat mike,
    #2,
    Tim commerford.

loads an loads more........

- Russ

6. Guys from Linkin Park and Radiohead. Timmy C used one on the first Rage Album. Tony Levin, Tony Kanal uses Stingray 5 sometimes, Nick Fyffe from Jamiroquai definitely used to. Mark form blink 182 used to. Roger from Less Than Jake. Loads others, those are the only people springing to mind.

sim

7. stephanie

stephanie

Nov 14, 2000
    Scranton, PA
    Patrick Dahlheimer of LIVE used an Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray on the recording of their second album, "Throwing Copper". :)

8. ME:D :D :D :D !!!

9. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Gary Grainger from John Scofield's old band with Dennis Chambers, used to funk it up big time with a Musicman bass.

10. BassGENERAL

BassGENERAL

Dec 8, 2001
    hmm I've never seen fat mike playin a music man.

11. stingray96191

stingray96191

Jul 27, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Unofficially Endorsing Ernie Ball Music Man Guitars
    I think i read in bas player a couple months a go fat mike plays dano's,when he is palying with NOFX, cause that was the lightest bass he could find. But when he plays with Me First he just borrows s omeone elses bass, so it gives him a different sound every time.

12. Actually, Colin Greenwood (Radiohead) only used EB's in Pablo Honey and The Bends...from OK Computer on he played P-basses...

13. Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Dec 30, 2001
    Boston MA
    Mike Herrera (MXPX) uses them all the time, I dont know if hes endorsed or just gets a lower price on them but he has around 8 of them.

14. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    John Deacon on The Game
    Tom Hamilton on Done with mirrors
    Louis Johnson on anything with the Bro's Johnson

15. I've seen a picture of fat mike playing a musicman stingray, it was live though and from what i've heard recorded, it doesnt actually sound like he's using a stingray.

- Russ

16. ME!!!!!!!:D :p :D :cool: