Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Music School For Me!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Lovebown, Aug 24, 2001.

1. Lovebown

Lovebown

Jan 6, 2001
    Sweden
    I just started a new school where I will have half-normal classes (swedish, english, math, history etc.) and half music related subjects like theory, ensemble, 1 hour of private lesson in bass a week...choir..etc.

It's pretty sweet...I've seen some of the guys who graduated from this thing play and they were absolute monsters... and hey..it don't cost a thing!

Sweden and bass owns all of you.
    /lovebown

2. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    When did music classes become "non-normal."

3. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
    When I was at school, our music lessons were filled with drama studies instead. They managed to get away with this by adding a small musical element to the lessons. Music is suffering really badly in the UK, most schools don't seem to teach it very well.

4. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    You mean you've entered the "estetiska" education program in high school? I've seen some really gifted guys (& gals) graduate from those programs, but I've also seen guys (& gals) who couldn't perform worth a damn. It's not the school, it's who you are and how much effort you put into it - some people just fool around doing nothing except drinking a decent amount of liquor. But surely, you will have a lot of time there for developing your abilities.

To sum it up: Good luck! And attend all classes, not only the music-related ones!

5. Lovebown

Lovebown

Jan 6, 2001
    Sweden
    That's right Oyster.
    As for the liquer... I don't know..everyone I've met so far have been good at their instruments and I haven't really seen any poor playing yet... o well..

Spelar du i något band i GBG?

/lovebown

6. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Where have you been?!!?