music school opinions

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by flecktones, Feb 3, 2001.

1. flecktones

Feb 3, 2001
    I am going to attend some music school in the spring semester, but I am not sure of what one. I have checked out alot of different ones, and I am wondering which ones are better for bass player? I am thinking about a tech school, but may attend a regular university. I would appriecate any insights into my situation,
  2. Adam,
    It depends on what direction you want your music career to take. If you want to be a studio musician or a teacher or a record producer then music school would be perfect.

But if all you want to do is play in a band, meet the ladies and do whatever rock stars do, you really don't need schooling for that. Just a good bass teacher a lot of practice and finding the right people to be with who want to go as far as you do with your music.
  3. Good stuff Flecktones I myself am starting Uni and am doing music. I am going to do Art/Music mainly looking at the audio engineering side of things but am going to add in a an extra unit on guitar playing so I can get my theory up to standard. I say go for it even if you are looking from a playing point of view. Make sure you look for a Uni which has a strong standing in that area and go and meet some of the lecturers and talk to them about the courses on offer what you expect from the course that way they will be able to tell you if it is best for you. I don't think you can go wrong this way and it is doing something that you enjoy so you are bound to do well at it also look at specific music schools ie Conservatoriums of music because they have the best and most up to date equipment and teaching methods as well as proven methods of teaching and results to show it. Good luck!