1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Music shops in Chicago?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Gnome, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Gnome

Gnome

Jul 27, 2006
    Mexico City, MX
    Well, I've never been to Chicago before but I'm going in a couple of weeks for Christmas, so do you gys know where I should go for my bass/music needs?

Thanks, Gnome.

2. the lakland factory is in/near chicago, why don't you ask about a tour?

3. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    +1...you might call in advance to see if Dan Lakin will be in, but they're really cool about people stopping by unannounced.

Bass Club Chicago is pretty far south, but about the coolest retail shop in town. I'm personally a big fan of Luthier's Access Group, but that'll cost you an entire day, as Dan Lenard's inventory will leave you drooling for about 4 months. Make'n Music is in a crappy neighborhood west of downtown, but they have some pretty cool gear...they don't do much bass business, so they probably only have a few basses in stock, but those they have are usually awesome. All 3 of these places have websites.

4. 69nites

69nites

Jul 11, 2006
    Chicago
    Bass club Chicago is like 3 blocks from my house :D

you are talking about the one in Alsip right?

good times

5. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Gnome, where are you going to be staying?

6. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    You might also want to get in touch with JP at Blueberry Hill bass to make an appointment to check some stuff out.