Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Music store owners/employees/reps - help me out!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Jun 12, 2004.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    As some of you know, I am working on getting a job as a rep for an amp company. I'm still in the midst of the interview process, and I'm starting to look for ideas to help me along.

I've determined that the guy doing the hiring is looking for some specific examples of what I would do if I got the gig. I've never had a rep gig, and I'm having a hard time coming up with creative answers to give him, which seems to be what he is looking for. So maybe some of you could help me out. What are some things that reps are/should be doing? What are some creative ways that you've seen reps help the communication process between you and the company? Any advice/ideas you can can give to get my brain thinking like a rep?

I've come up with a few ideas on my own, but perhaps hearing some others will jog my brain a bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Why don't you contact some of the other music companies and see if you can find some people with a few minutes to spare who are working as reps now.

I've seen it work for others.

Peace,
    John Ross

3. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    A chicken costume and a tee-ball bat. now go forth and prosper.

4. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California