Music Stores in Ft-Lauderdale, FL

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Jazzin', Jul 21, 2004.

1. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I'm going to Ft-Lauderdale, FL this winter. Does anyone know of any good big music stores in Fort-Lauderdale(or really close by) with lots of guitars and basses and other stuff? There used to be a nice huge MarsMusic but I heard it went out of business.
  2. check out Music Arts Enterprises, or MAE for short.
  3. Yup, M.A.E. on Davie Blvd about 5 minutes west of I-95. Jeff was the bass man there with good stuff

954 581 2203 if I recall correctly
  4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    MAE was definitely "the" place when I was down that way. However, y'know there's a pretty cool place about 2.5 hrs north.....

:ninja: least that's what I hear....

5. Jazzin'

is it in miami or ft-lauderdale, or north or south of either one or what?
  6. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    M.A.E. is in Ft.Lauderdale. When I was putting bands on Carnival Cruise ships (Miami), I used to head there (30min. drive) about once a week. It's one of my fave stores anywhere in the U.S. There's also a Guitar Center just off the freeway exit somewhere between Miami and Ft.Lauderdale.
  7. MAE is in Ft Lauderdale about 10 minutes from the Ft Lauderdale Intl Airport.

Guitar (Abuse) Center is in Hallandale--?on Hallandale Blvd-- half-way between Miami and Ft Lauderdale.

With no traffic Miami is about 30 minutes from Ft Lauderdale. With traffic it's about 3 days.

; )
  8. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Hallandale! I was thinking it was "something"-dale, but couldn't remember (I was last there in '97).
    Longest it ever took me was 40min (Miami/FT.Lauderdale), but then again, I live in Vegas with frequent trips to L.A.
    "Traffic smaffic!":smug: :D
  9. Thats about right.
  10. Jazzin'

what happened with mars music??
  11. Bankrupt
  12. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    If you somehow find your self if Miami, there is a Guiter Center there on Kendall drive (88 st) and 77th ave that I used to work at.

If you wander inside make sure to ask for Raul and tell him Nick sent you. He's assistant manager and we were good friends so he'll make sure no one will bothers you after that but if you decide you need something he'll probably take care of you and get you a good price.