Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Music stores in Kansas City?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by uglycicles, Nov 12, 2004.

1. uglycicles

uglycicles Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Southwest Chicago
    Well, I'm visiting my wife's family in Kansas City for Thanksgiving. I've been before, but haven't had too much of an opportunity to explore music stores.

I remember going to Lawrence a few years back - there was a pretty cool shop on the main drag that had a lot of vintage gear.

I'll be in the Overland Park, KS area, but all over the area during my stay. Any recommendations?
    Thanks!

2. emor

emor

May 16, 2004
    kcmo
  3. uglycicles

Dec 10, 2003
    Southwest Chicago
    thanks emor - much appreciated! :bassist:

4. emor

emor

May 16, 2004
    kcmo
    If you're interested in catching some blues while you're in town, check out this site:

http://www.kcbluessociety.com/home.htm

I'm planning to see the Nace Brothers at Blaney's in Westport sometime that weekend.

5. emor

emor

May 16, 2004
    kcmo
  6. emor

emor

May 16, 2004
    kcmo
    Another recommendation-

I saw a guy last night you might want to check out. Forrest Stewart--plays jazz on electric with (singer) Ida McBeth.
    At the Blue Room at 18th & Vine on Friday, the 26th.

7. mlwarriner

mlwarriner Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    richards in lawrence too. dont know the address, but its on some alley off of massachusetts street

8. uglycicles

Dec 10, 2003
    Southwest Chicago
    Thanks guys! Now I just have to find a way to break away from the family duties sometime during the week. :p