Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Music Stores in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by RoosterRusek, Feb 26, 2003.

1. RoosterRusek

RoosterRusek

Dec 13, 2002
    Atlanta, Ga
    Compadres', I am going to be in Miami and Ft.Lauderdale next week and as always would like to visit some of the music stores down there. Can anyone recommend the stores that would best cater to a bassist in both of these cities? I would rather go on the word of a fellow bassist instead of letting my fingers do the walking. Thanks

2. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    I go to South Florida all of the time. There are a lot of GC of course. There is ..well I don't know if it is still there but Mars' Headquaters is in FD. I don't know of any all bass stores there. I would like to know if there are any.

3. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    There's MAE in Ft lauderdale which is a guitar type shop but the staff were good to me in 2000 when I went. It's off one of the junctions on the I95. Unfortunately there's at least 8. (I'll get directions).

However if you go to Orlando there's http://www.basscentral.com I've technically never been, I went to Beavers apartment and me and the Grasshopper had to move stuff around the furniture the dog had just urinated on. It was the highlight of my holiday (thats the real word for vacation).

EDIT

http://www.mae-music.com/

MAE
    3301 Davie Blvd
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33312

Tommy, Matt
    (954)581-2203

4. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    heres a map however I would tell whomever you are going on vacation with that you must go to Disney :D

5. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    I highly recommend there too...great staff! Great gear!

6. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    MAE is great, no doubt, but if you're driving from Atlanta to south FL, you MUST stop in Orlando...

...we promise, no dog urine soaked furniture in the store now!

:p

:D