Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Music stores in Orlando Florida?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by maxoges, Oct 15, 2004.

1. maxoges

maxoges

Aug 23, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I'm going on vacation to Orlando next week. Do you know any good music stores there? My hotel is close to Disney World, so hopefully there a good one close by ;)

Thank's

2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

There's this little shop named "Bass Central." They have a few basses and a few amps and it's run by some guys who know a little about bass. One our renowned members on TB, Gard, works there. Perhaps he could show you some Rogue basses and Gorilla amps.

SERIOUSLY -- check out www.basscentral.com . It is one of the "creme de la creme" of bass stores! And yes - Gard works there. It is close to Orlando proper and is a "must see" since you'll be in the area.

3. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    TIP: Leave your wallet in your hotel room. :D

Gard = Pusherman

4. rickbass

Amen, monkee........your Visa card is going to put out more than a whore on "Dollar Night"!!!

I've slammed a few grand into their store BUT I'm still a happy fella because they are fine people selling fine gear.

5. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

:D

6. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Stay away from Bass Central! Gard's bad news man, bad news!

organworthyplayer337 likes this.
  7. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Woodchuck, who let you outta your cage!?!?!

:mad:

...back in there, now, before you get hurt!

;)

Rick, how are those Gorilla amps workin' for you, I hope you're still happy with the good deal I gave you...sorry about the Rogue bass falling apart, but it was after the 2 hour warranty had expired....

:eek:

bassmonkeee, like you haven't dragged me out to eat too many oversized pancakes with bacon in 'em...pusherman indeed...

Thor, seen any cheap stone crab claws lately????

Max, seriously, we're just about 30-45 minutes from the Dizknee area, other side of Orlando. Shoot me a PM if you need any directions or such nonsense. If you stop in, I'll even promise not to sprinkle any of my magic "buy me" dust on the Foderas & MTD's.....

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

orlando, eh? i don't think there are any music stores there. sorry, dude. maybe you can go to walmart or something. they have some pretty nice guitars and occasionally have a bass.

9. rickbass

Well, I daisy chained the 5 you sold me and now Fieldy wants the same set up. I think the -3.18 ohm impedance has really helped my sound.

When you sold it to me and said it was a "Green Wood" used exclusively by Rogue, I thought you meant the finish. I didn't know it was actually green wood and that the pickups would end up 3 inches from where they originally were.
    But that's okay - I heard a lot more of these basses will be made from the trees felled by Hurricane Ivan by the Wishnevsky Corporation.

I'd still like to know what that sign over your door means - "Caveat Emptor" :confused:

10. Kavorka

Kavorka

Mar 28, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    You can't go wrong with Bass Central. Gard just set me up with a Modulus Q6 that is awesome. No trip to central Florida is complete without a stop there!

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Terrible news. He's about as smooth as Tom Arnold, and doesn't cuddle.

The miserable bastard.

12. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    He called, tried to get an endorsement price from me, but we don't do that, and he's too poor to afford 'em otherwise. He's contacting the Gorilla company, I think they'll do wonders to improve his tone.

Hey, it's not MY fault you didn't do your research about "Green Wood", y'know, you should take the time to find these things out. I did tell you what it was....if you didn't know that's your problem.

Rough translation: "Bend over, grab your ankles, this won't hurt....much"

13. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    That Velvet Blue Q6 was beautiful man! Glad you're still happy with it...hope you can make it down to visit the family soon!

14. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    You're just upset 'cuz I wouldn't give you what you really wanted...and I still won't.

It isn't my fault you are like you are, but I like women.

Not that there's anything wrong with you being how you are, besides, Jeff seems interested in you....