Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Music stores in the R.I. area

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Chunk-O-Funk, Nov 26, 2005.

1. Are there any music stores that carry high-end basses and equipment in the Rhode Island area? Particularly RI, south east Massachusetts, or maybe south east Connecticut.

I will be looking for a new cabinet after the holidays and want to try out some Epifani, Accugrove, Bergantino, and maybe even a Schroeder dealer.

The closest one I have seen online is G Guitars in New Haven, CT. Which is just under a two hour drive for me. I'm sure there are a lot of Music stores that are not on line.

Thanks.

2. jpbass5

jpbass5 Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2004
    Newport, Rhode Island
    Try Alpha Audio Works in Mystic, CT about an hour away from Newport RI.
    www.alphaaudioworks.com 860-572-0460). Andy is the bass guy. Haven't been there in a while, but I bought my EBS gear there and I know he's a Bergantino dealer. Great guys. (If you do speak to Andy, please tell him Jonathan from Newport says Hi).
    I keep hearing about Boston Guitar Works, (508) 580-0088 in Brockton, MA . I haven't been there myself.
    As far as finding a high end store in RI, please let me know if you find something!

3. Thanks jp, you da man!

Boston Guitar Works has Accugrove, Efinani, and Schroeder!

Alpha, I actually got my Lakland from them. I didn't know that they carried Bergantino, but that was over five years ago and at the time they called them selves "Players Choice".

I will have to pay them both a visit, thanks again.

Anyone else?