Music stores in Toronto

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Aaron Saunders, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Howdy all, I'm going up to Toronto to spend the weekend with my brother and I'd love to check out some killer gear. I'd like to find something within reasonable walking/metro distance of the corner on Mutual and Gerrard. Club Bass and the Twelfth Fret are apparently a bit too far away for us to realistically go to, unfortunately. Steve's isn't too far away, but I'd like to play some things a bit more...exotic than things at Steve's (eg, no Fenders and Ibanez). I'm thinking Benavente, Sadowsky, MTD, FBasses, etc.

Anyone got any ideas?
  2. I have seen Alembic there before

edit: poor spelling
  3. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Yeah...only Orions. Played 'em, they were cool, but they're the uber-bottom-of-the-line of Alembics.
  4. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Why not just get a TTC day pass (unlimited travel on one day for like $6-$7 or so) and go see everything you want to see? Club Bass, Twelfth Fret, Capsule, Songbird, Long and McQuade, you can see them all. The Long and McQuade store on Bloor had two Ken Smiths and a bunch of Moduluses (Modului?) the last time I was there.
  5. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I was there yesterday for a meeting, stepped into the guitar store for a bit, checked out the bass section....TONS of "Modulai" and I saw one of the Ken Smith's, didn't get to play anything though, darn it...

There's three L&M's in Toronto, in the east end at Markham and Ellesmere, and in the west at Keele and Steeles, but if you can only see one, the Bloor Store is the one (Bloor and Ossington, right on the subway line, a block east of Ossington on Bloor. 3 stores right in a row, except 927 is a convenience store...)

Have a fun visit!
  6. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Unfortunately I wasn't able to check TB yesterday, so we went to Steve's and I played a few Spectors :)D :D :D -- loved 'em) through various Ampeg and SWRs. I didn't want to play too many, 'cause it was busy and I didn't have any intention of buying :embarassed: . It's all good though, I'll make a point of visiting Club Bass next time (probably around March, going to see Wicked!).