Music that made your blood boil?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, May 10, 2005.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Did you ever just get really pumped up or filled of energy and emotion from listening to a song or a concert?, hearing live Metallica allways seems to do it for me.Its great if your hiking or working out. :bassist:
  2. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Iron did when I first saw them in 1982 and it still does today.

UP THE IRONS :bassist:
  3. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    When I got dumped by my first girlfriend at 17, "Save Your Love" by Ace Freehly got me goin more than anything else ever did for some reason.
  4. WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    I generally don't listen to music that doesn't do that.
  5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I've said it before, but "Starless" by King Crimson almost wears me out... it starts out a beautiful ballad, turns really weird and creepy, then gets very intense. By the end you'll have pretty much lost your mind.

Speaking of, the first time I listened to "Chaosphere" by Messhugah, I locked myself in a room with a strobe light, and a tub of water, and some coat hangers and other weird things to play with. And I think that made me insane... like I'm thinking, I might have been normal until that happened to me. Sometimes the music would sync up with the light pattern, by the end I could see through time and I think my heart had stopped/switched beats a few time.

... I don't do drugs.
  6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Also, there are only two songs that make me get watery eyed: Tears in Heaven (only after I learned what it was about, whenever I hear the song, I think of Eric's pain and it really gets me) and Sky Blue by Peter Gabriel: Just my personal interpretation, but it seems to be a "I know I'm going to die... and I'm just getting closer and closer" kinda song. But the little choral bit at the end... so good. It's not only powerful by subject matter, but the music is so beautiful. Up by Gabriel in general... amazing.
  7. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY

Minor threat.

Stiff Little Fingers.

Slayer - Reign in Blood

Metallica - Ride the Lightning

Peter Murphy - Deep

Leonard Cohen - 13 songs or I'm Your Man

The Congos - Heat of the Congos

Ministry - A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste

New Model Army - Thunder and Consolation

That's a start.......
  8. meshuggah! they're my favorite band :)

nile does it for me...i saw them sunday night, and man, when they played "black seeds of vengeance" last, i couldn't stand it anymore so i went into the pit (which i don't do that often). it was pure madness in there...i lost my shoes, ha, but then i got it back.

but someone else said, most of the music i listen to is like this.
  9. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    I saw Broken Social Scene live and when they did "Anthems for a 17 Year-Old Girl" and "Backyards" it was ecstatic.
  10. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Largely, anything by:

The Clash
    The Chinkees
    Dillinger Four
    Against Me!

This list is just going on and on....

chill out music is good though.
  11. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    mary had a little lamb makes me want to kill people!!!!!!!

But umm primus probably for me!
  12. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Definitely Rage Against the Machine and Mudvayne.
  13. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Lots of stuff..

Beethoven , Pennywise, Rage Against the Machine, System of a Down, Matt Redman, stuff I write (go fig), oh.. and add in a good pipe and drum corps... yeah... nothing like bagpipes to REALY make the scotch in my blood boil!!

wow... never thought I'd see Matt Redman and Rage Against the Machine mentioned in the same sentence *LOL*

14. Haha, how about some Chris Tomlin? I see you have Mr. Redman in there.
  15. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    *L* Tomlin and Giglio are good too!!! *L* more when I lead or particiapte with them, than just sticking a CD in
  16. I listen to agressive music when I'm angry.
  17. Andy Cleaver

Andy Cleaver A show of hands....

Dec 16, 2004
    England, Midlands
    Nancy Boy by Placebo gets me psyched lol don't know what that says about me... :D
  18. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    Sepultura - Roots Bloody Roots
    and Cannibal Corpse - Hammer Smashed Face always do it for me.
    As do most Slayer songs, especially Seasons in the Abyss.
  19. Couldn't agree more fella.
    That and 'Fracture'.
    Like being picked up and wrung dry. Exhausting.
    Check out the live versions on the 'Great Deciever' box set if you can. Wetton's bass is insane.

Best. Distortion. Ever. :bassist:
  20. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Motorhead: "Ace of Spades"
    AC/DC "Shoot to Thrill"