1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Music Theory Book - Free Download

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by BassyBill, Jul 19, 2011.

1. kkaarrll

kkaarrll

Jun 1, 2014
    I had saved it on another computer. I now uploaded it to a google drive and here is the link.

2. Guiseppe

Guiseppe

Oct 26, 2003
    Vancouver, WA
    Appreciate you putting that in your signature. The original post was 'stale' and I couldn't make a good connection to the original site. Looks like very good info to refresh my aging mind.

3. F Clef

F Clef

Aug 22, 2016
    Turkey
    Thanks for share. It will be too helpfull for me.

4. Ellery

Ellery

Mar 25, 2015
    I found this online and thought it could be useful to a number of people who come to the GI forum looking for help with theory at a range of levels. It's quite nicely written and although a quick scan of this forum will show that almost any aspect of theory can be discussed at length, this little book is certainly not a bad place to start for those who want a solid background on which to base further study and investigation.

Note that the book was originally in three separate parts (Basic, Intermediate, Advanced) to keep filesizes down, but I merged it into one PDF of eighty pages as the size of this single file is very reasonable these days with current connection speeds available to most Internet users.

The descriptions Basic, Intermediate and Advanced are relative to each other and of course there are aspects of theory that aren't covered (for example, the mathematics of temperament and hence how we get our usual chromatic scale). It's also somewhat guitar-orientated and inevitably there's a few typos here and there. But hey, it's only eighty pages and it's FREE.

http://www.billygreen.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Music Theory - Basic, Intermediate, Advanced.pdf

I'm sure it's okay to post this here as the information can be freely downloaded, used and copied for educational and non-profit purposes (it says so in the introduction). Acknowledgement is due to "Eowyn" at www.mysongbook.com

I hope some of you find this useful and interesting - enjoy the read![/QUOTE]
    :help:Do you have an updated link? I've tried repeatedly with my device and home computer and it still shows as a bad link. Thank you!:hyper:

5. Leo Smith

Leo Smith

Oct 21, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    look at the post just a few above yours. You'll find the updated link.

Ellery likes this.
  6. BusyFingers

BusyFingers

Nov 26, 2016
  7. eric_B

eric_B

Apr 19, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Try the link in post #61.

8. T.Rex

T.Rex

Sep 19, 2015
    Canada

my computer cant download it for some reason...

9. BusyFingers

BusyFingers

Nov 26, 2016
    thanks

10. BusyFingers

BusyFingers

Nov 26, 2016
    Thanks again for sharing this. I have begun to go through it.

11. drdog

drdog

Apr 17, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI

Hello there...
    I know this is an older thread...but I just tried to download the file at www.billygreen, but the path/gateway does not exist. Is there any other possible way to get this file? I am REALLY interested in obtaining it.
    Sincerely,
    Doug

12. Leo Smith

Leo Smith

Oct 21, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    @drdog the download link is in post #61. Hopefully you already read this last page of the thread to find that out.

13. DrummerwStrings likes this.
  14. BusyFingers

BusyFingers

Nov 26, 2016
    Mrmatt1972 likes this.
  15. New member,

Wondering if the music theory link is still active/available or am I too late...? lol
    Clicked on the link a couple times to download but each time the page just froze...

16. delta7fred

delta7fred

Jul 3, 2007
    England
    Welcome to Talkbass.

BasseyBill hasn't been around for a while (Sept 29th 2016 last time he logged on). He had a stroke and only posted a few times after that, I hope he is doing ok.

17. Damn... I appreciate the reply & update...

may he recover fast & well.

18. delta7fred

delta7fred

Jul 3, 2007
    England
    Look at post #61, or the link in the signature of mambo4 (on the first page).

19. Burwabit

Burwabit Likes guitars that tune good and firm feelin women Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    THANKS!!!