Music Therapy

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by sweetpea, Jan 23, 2003.

1. sweetpea

sweetpea Guest

Jun 6, 2002
    S'port, LoUiSiAna
    About 2 days after Christmas, I was admitted into a VA Hospital, while visiting my sister in Nasville for the holidays. I was transferred to the VA in Murfessboro where I stayed for about 20 days.

There was a Music Therapist there and she helped me out SOOO much. I was able to groove a little, and it kept my spirits up.

I was wondering how many TB music therapists (or patients of a music therapist) there are out there and if you'd like to share any stories.

I think it's a great career, and am amazed at music's power to relax, uplift, and encourage people.

Any takers?
  2. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    All i know is probablly everyone here finds music theraputic, in one way or another. I seriously doubt i'd still be around if I didn't have music to fall back on. So, no, no real expirience w/ actual music therapy, but i can definatly see how it would work.
  3. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Waaaay more importantly - are you ok?!? Anything we can do?
  4. mcbosler

May 12, 2000
    Plano, TX
    Never had a professional administer the treatment, but I try to come as close as possible to overdosage (which seems to be impossible) via self-medication.
  5. sweetpea

sweetpea Guest

Jun 6, 2002
    S'port, LoUiSiAna
    First, Yes, I'm doing much better thanks. I was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder about a year ago, and stopped seeing a shrink, and stopped taking any medication after I was discharged from the AF. I started going manic, and "taking unnecessary risks" I'll save you the wild story :)
  6. wow, man. i have a friend with bipolar (as well as tourettes and ADHD) so i kinda know how it can be. hope all is well