1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Music to build to...

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by stompfrog, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Whats the sound track to your workshop. I am currently making the MDF template for my first ever home made custom bass in the workshop (bedroom) with the best of Led Zep Remasters on... :)

#Hey hey mumma said the way you move, gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove#

:bassist: :oops: :bassist: drums --> :crying:

2. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    I like talk raido in the shop.

3. Scott French

Scott French Dude

May 12, 2004
    Grass Valley, CA
    I listen to a lot of Portishead.

4. Zeppelin always hits the spot for me - but when I got other ways, I use Bela Fleck and the Flecktones (Especially the Little Worlds Interviews! - nothing is more inspirational!!), XTC, The Jam, and NPR - off the top 'o' my bald head...

5. Ron Joseph

Ron Joseph

Mar 22, 2006
    Malmsteen, Impellitteri, Tony macalpine or steve vai usually get me going into production mode pretty quickly.

6. JSPguitars

JSPguitars

Jan 12, 2004
    Grass Valley
    Lately it's been a lot of the Steve Kimock Band, Kyuss, Dianogah, and a Jimi Hendrix box set my roomate got me recently.

7. Worshiper

Worshiper

Aug 13, 2004
    New York
    I'm a radio man myself. Mostly top 20 stations.

8. KAOSBass

KAOSBass

Mar 10, 2005
    Amarillo Texas
    Lamb Of God, Meshuggah, Slayer

9. Talk radio on government bashing stations (democracy now and the such). Oh, and classic rock stations are always good.

10. Skelf

Skelf

Apr 15, 2005
    Moffat D&G Scotland
    Builder AC Guitars.
    Talk Talk, Mick Karn,Portishead, Arcade Fire at the moment but mostly Talk Talk.

11. nateo

nateo Schubie Fan #1

Mar 2, 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario
    The whine of a router/table saw/mitre saw/planer/etc muted through my ear muffs.

If you have time to listen to music you're not making enough wood chips!

-Nate

PS: Nah, I don't really believe that, but I almost never bring my CDs out to the shop. If I listen to music it's generally just a generic rock radio station.

12. Well, I haven't started my first guitar yet... but when I'm building in the shop at work (things like steps, window frames, benches... anything) I enjoy having the radio either on the classic rock station or even better the jazz station :)

13. Rogier

Rogier

Feb 2, 2004
    Hehehe, never really thought about this. But currently I seem to listen to the ever groovin' Sly Stone and Victor Wooten a lot while I'm sketching. And while being precise i listening to stuff like Richard Bona, Dayna Kurtz, Charles Mingus. It seems to keep me calm and focussed. And woodworking... Well, there's just a crappy radio there. So mostly ffgggzzzzz kr kr bla krfuzzzzz ;)

14. tjclem

tjclem Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Owner and builder Clementbass
    Nothing. Just the sound of the tools or the birds chirping outside.........t

15. Tom Waits and angry neighbors.

16. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    skip the music, I've got cable in my workshop!

It's mostly just background noise though, I'm rarely atually looking at the TV.

17. the radio must of the time, but if things need to mellow out abit then fleetwood mac, ahhh chill down.