Music you love but now hate/dislike

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by John-Paul666, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Ive gone off of metal and so now im listening more of punk and old rock

What type of music did you love/listen to before but you dont now

Or what phase of music are you going through
  2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    I hate to say it, but I used to be a huge smashing pumpkins fan about 10 years ago.

Now I am pretty much a jazz guy.
  3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  4. I used to be a gigantic U2 fan in high school, now listen to them pretty's not that I don't like them now, but I just have different musical tastes...more into punk and alt-rock type stuff.

I also used to _love_ the Ramones when I first got into punk in I don't listen to them much anymore either, as their songs are good, but let's face it...kind of silly.
  5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Heavy metal. Man, I hated anyone who did not like heavy metal. Heavy metal was nearly my life. I let the music speak for me, mold my thinking, and so on. I was all about the music, the message, and so on.

I still don't mind it, but I can take it or leave it. I'll take some Stanley Clarke over it anyday.

6. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
  7. I'd have to say Nsync/Backstreet Boys/Britney Spears/any other crappy late 90's pop artist. If you were in elementry school at the time you would understand.
  8. I was in elementary then......I hated that crap:p

I was, however, heavily into The Crystal Method:bag:
  9. Yep, 80s metal. It's embarrassing more then anything. I mostly listened to the 'good' stuff back in the day, lol, but it all sounds pretty dated now.
  10. Well I didn't really do much for myself then. I purely copied my sister. It got to a point that I stopped eatting all chocalate because my sister did.
  11. From high school: Rush, Dream Theater, etc.

From college: a lot of avant-garde jazz. Cecil Taylor, Jimmy Giuffre, Archie Shepp, etc.--can't listen to it anymore. The only late-period Coltrane I really appreciate these days is Interstellar Space, because it's so pure.
  12. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
  13. I was into Nu Metal for awile. I don't listen to Korn or Limp Bizkit much anymore. I still do listen to 80's metal though. I never seemed to out grow it.
  14. Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    Ahh... the longhair days...I got away from Phish, but my Dead LPs are still going on the turntable. That said, I'm still an excited 16 year old again the minute some college station plays "Fluffhead" or something. My wife just looks at me funny.

Actually, the biggest change has been a move from listening to albums towards just having the radio going. IListening to another DJ widens your musical perspectives.
  15. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I have this weird thing about the J. Geils Band's Blow Your Face Out album. I love the group, but that album is so grating on me. Of course it's my wife's all-time favorites, so I hear it quite frequently. Most of the uber-wanking guitar stuff from the early 90s is kind of leaving me cold.
  16. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I had a punk rock phase like 5 years ago. Now I really dislike it. I like classic rock, blues, funk, and JAZZZZ.
  17. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    I am ashamed/totally in awe of my middle school blink-182 phase.

18. A lot of classic rock. I'm almost ashamed to say it, but I've heard the songs thousands of times and I'm much more interested in current bands. I'm still a huge Rush/Led Zep/etc. fan, but I'm just tired of listening to the same songs.
  19. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    *sigh* 5 years ago I was a hardcore Rap kinda guy.
    I owe my musical change to Jethro Tull. Being a flute player, I wanted more exciting flute music to learn. With more bite and punch to it. And, my mom introduced me to Jethro Tull. In about a week, Rap was non-existant and my respect and appreciating of classic rock has grown steady ever since.