1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Music123.com Trade in program

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Hawaii Islander, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Hawaii Islander

Hawaii Islander Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    I just submitted quote forms online for three items to trade in under Music123.com's trade in program. I have no idea how much they will offer. Has anyone tried this before? If so, what experience(s) did you have, either positive or negative?

Thanks!

2. Hawaii Islander

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    Anyone try this before?

3. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    cant say i have, but ide love to hear what outcome you have!

4. Hawaii Islander

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    I'll post the results of the quote when I get them.

The items were:
    2006 Gibson SG Standard (ebony) w/ hardshell case
    2006 Ibanez GR506 w/gigbag
    2006 Nemesis NA320 bass amp head

5. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    i want a gibson sg standard =[

6. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    New York
    im guessing around 600-800 for everything.

7. Hawaii Islander

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    You can buy mine if you want.

This is the one I asked a quote for.

They're offering $580.00 store credit or $464.00 cash. I forgot to tell them that I still have the original box. They might increase the amount a little for that. I'll have to check.

If you're serious about wanting one PM me.

I'm still waiting for their quote for the other two items.

If they don't offer enough to make it worth my while, I'll post my gear in the Gear For Sale section of the forum.

P1010002.

P1010003.

8. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    ah man that thing is sweet looking but im a bit strapped for cash at the moment. ill give it a few weeks...if its still around than ill jump.

9. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    That's actually more than I thought they'd offer for the guitar. Maybe it won't be so bad if someone is looking to unload gear in a hurry.

10. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    You can get more off Evil Bay

11. Hawaii Islander

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    Update: I forgot to add that they pay shipping. They mail prepaid UPS shipping labels to send them the gear.

12. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    That's kinda a cool system.

13. Hawaii Islander

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    I'll post the results of the quote when I get them.

The items were:
    2006 Gibson SG Standard (ebony) w/ hardshell case
    2006 Ibanez GR506 w/gigbag (purchased in 2007)
    2006 Nemesis NA320 bass amp head (purchased in 2007)

added 2006 Fender TBP-1 Preamp

Music123 offered me $1375.00 in store credit (for online purchases) for all four items. They also prepay UPS shipping from Hawaii to their trade-in center.

I decided to make the trade since I don't use these items very often. I would like to have either a powerful but lightweight bass amp or a nicer bass than what I already have (currently, I have a modded MIM Fender Deluxe jazz bass and a Mike Dirnt P-bass).

I'm considering the Genz Benz Shuttle 600 Watt Lightweight Bass Amp and an Aguilar DB 210 2x10 Bass Cabinet.

For bass guitar, I was considering a G&L L-2000, Lakland Skyline Deluxe 44-02 (natural with maple fretboard) or a Gibson SG Faded or Reissue bass.

Any ideas thoughts or suggestions about the bass guitar or amp selections are welcome. Just remember, it all has to come from Music123.com's online store.

Thanks!

14. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    G&L or Lakland.

Gibson is shoddy enough where you have to have the thing in your hands before you wanna buy it.

15. Hawaii Islander

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    I just shipped the gear out to Music123.com today. If all goes well, I'll be ordering a new Lakland 55-02 (Natural with maple fretboard) by early next week. I should have enough money leftover for for a new gig bag, strings and a strap. :hyper:

16. dinghy

dinghy

May 27, 2007
    Saratoga, CA
    I sent my request in on Thursday for a Variax, still haven't gotten a response. Do they not want to buy Variaxes or something? Are they tainted?

17. Hawaii Islander

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    I had to call them to get the quote for the Fender TBP-1. Sometimes they are a bit slow answering emails. I would just give them a call.

18. dinghy

dinghy

May 27, 2007
    Saratoga, CA
    Oh ok thanks

19. Hawaii Islander

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    Music123 Trade-in Center notified me, via email, that the gear I sent them arrived. They also notified me that my gift certificate for the amount agreed would be mailed out on Wednesday or Thursday of this week. I should get the gift certificate sometime next week.

It would have been nicer of them to email me the gift certificate claim number. I also just missed out on $100.00 off special for buying more than $500.00 worth of gear. :(

The worst part about this process, other than the waiting, is the self-induced stress caused by window shopping! I filled that stupid checkout cart of theirs with so many combinations of gear that I can't remember it all! :p

I'll post an update once I actually order something. ;)

20. MoD_Scotty

MoD_Scotty

Jul 22, 2007
    Thrapston, UK
    That's pretty awesome.