Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by aspire, Mar 12, 2006.

1. aspire

aspire Guest

Dec 28, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    Anyone ordered from there?

Did everything come to you in good condition etc.?

How long did the item take to get to you?

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Several people have posted here that they got good service from them. I did not, and will never buy anything from them. I much prefer American Musical Supply, Sweetwater, RMC Audio (formerly Rik's Music), Musician's Friend, and especially Northern Sound and Light (NSL). For bass gear, you will have a very hard time beating the prices and service of Bass Central. The Bass Place in Tempe, AZ is good, too. If you're buying something that NSL carries, you will get the best price from them, but you have to e-mail or call them to get the price. It's worth it. Rik's also usually beats the other on-line stores.
  3. aspire

aspire Guest

Dec 28, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    PS. I am from Perth, Australia. Thanks anyway though mate.
  4. As Munjibunga says , several have given high marks, and I am one of them. I have ordered from them regularly, and have only had one "bad" experience, but the company went out of its way to rectify the problem to my satisfaction. Their list prices aren't any better than Musician's Friend, but MF charges sales tax in my area, so I go with the cheaper option.
  5. I have ordered from both Music123 and Musician's Friend. I had a good experience with Music 123 and mixed experiences with Musician's Friend (they screwed up my first order and then really didn't do anything to fix it, but the second order went just fine). I would certainly order from either one again, though.

I live in Moscow, Russia, but I only order from these guys when I am in the US - the shipping costs for sending it all the way over here pretty much eat up any savings I could get on line.
  6. aspire

aspire Guest

Dec 28, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    Well, a Jazz bass here costs around AUD$1200, where as buying off the internet would be around AUD$750 including shipping. It's still alot cheaper even with the expensive shipping.
  7. Then it seems like a no-brainer! Enjoy the Jazz!
  8. emblymouse

emblymouse exempt Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W' Sconsin
    They screwed up my first (and last) order. Nothing major BUT trying to get through to someone who could sort it out was impossible. They made the exact same mistake 3 times trying to get it right. Lucky for me it was just a set of strings. If I would have had a seriou$$$$$ problem I would have been left holding the bag. I think I racked up a total of 2-3 hours being on hold during this whole process. Not worth the low price in the end. Beware!
  9. Wow. It looks like the experience with the on-line stores is all over the place. Perhaps the traditional neighborhood music store isn't in as much danger after all.