Music123 Experience Anyone???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Big Ce, May 14, 2005.

1. Playas,

I just made my first purchase from Music123. I just purchased a Yamaha TRB 1006 String Bass. I'd like to know if anyone here has ever dealt with them before, If you have how was your experience.

Also, I'd like to know if there is anyone out there has a Yamaha TRB 1006 6 String Bass. I'd like to know how you like yours and if you have anything to share that could be good to know setup, strings and the like. Anything that you could share would be great. Thanks!!!

Big Ce
    MM Fender Jazz
    TUNEBass TWB53 5 String
    soon...Yamaha TRB 1006 6 String Bass
    Rig: Roland Cube 100
  2. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Ordered two Aguilar GS112's from them a week ago friday. One came in thursday and the other is due monday. Ordered an Ampeg SVPCL last winter, it took a month to get that, but it was back ordered. No complaints at all. The payment plan if you use it is pretty sweet. Depending on the price of the item you can get 6 months or up to a year no payments, no interest, no shipping charges. IMO they are hard to beat.
  3. I've ordered a G&L Tribute, an SWR Workingmans cab, tuners, strings, cables, as well as some other misc. things from Music123.

Fast shipping, great reliability, and different products than Musiciansfriend. Good company
  4. Scott Lynch

Scott Lynch Supporting Member

Music123 is a great company to deal with. I've ordered a couple of stompboxes from them, namely a 105Q and a boss CEB-3. Shipping is always prompt, but I've found that American Musical has the fastest, most prompt shipping of any website i've ever ordered from.
  5. BlacktotheBlind

BlacktotheBlind Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Indianapolis is also which is Woodwind & Brasswind located in South Bend, IN. its a store i frequently visit because it easily has the best musical instrument showroom i have ever seen. it could easily blow the top off of any GC.

i've ordered quite a few items from because it beats making the drive there and waiting an hour or two for them to pull it out of their huge warehouse. the only problem i've had with them was just this past week when my Ashdown MAG 300R showed up with a broken on/off switch, but after a simple phone call they set me up for a replacement. they have great contact and i highly recommend them.
  6. I've also ordered several items from 123. Shipping has always been decent, they will beat anyones price, and their customer service has been excellent. I oredered my last guitar from them. It was on backorder but the in-stock date they gave me was spot-on. In fact, to get it to me a little faster, they had it drop-shipped from the manf. Best on-line store I've dealt with. Way above MF - IMHO
  7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Bought a Sansamp RBI from them-they were the only place that still had them in stock, and they gave me a better price than MF. Shipped fast, nice customer service.
  8. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I order from all the time. Mostly for my woodwind needs, I use them and (same company and never a complaint with either)

Other than that, every order has been entirely exceptional.
  9. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    wau am very impressed with feedbacks,in other words 1,2,3 is better than Friend,s..ok i go to check their stock,my new bass searching still live
  10. afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    I also have purchased numerous items from Music123 and I've been very happy with their service.
  11. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    I've had good experiences with them too, including a return of a defective speaker cabinet. (GK Neo112 with defective tweeter. Cab totally rocks, btw.) They handled it with minimal hassle, and I had a new one within about a week.
  12. Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    It's a fine store.
  13. Thanks Guys,

I feel much better about my purchase. Thanks again for the info!!! Take care stay safe.

Big Ce :bassist:
  14. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    I ordered an entire rig from them and had it shipped over here to the UK - the guy there was very helpful and informative, and I got a really good deal. Shipped fast, no problems, highly recommended.
  15. Cathead

Dec 13, 2002
    Premier, WV
    I have had good experiences with them, also. My only complaint is that it seems they drag their feet somewhat in the shipping process. Other than that they are great.
  16. DavePlaysBass

Mar 31, 2004
    I am pretty sure Music 123 is where I mail ordered a MM Jazz bass and sent it back. They were cool about it all. They did not even charge me for shipping.

Edit: Oops. Never Mind. It was Music Land USA.
  17. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    Bought from them a few times. Always went great. I've never returned anything before, but a couple of months ago I returned a SVP-CL preamp. No problem. ;)