1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

musical family?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by steelhead2, Apr 17, 2010.

1. quick post here,wife thinks i'm spending to much time with my instruments,i beleive i'm not getting enough,yeah,read that any way ya want,:D,sure wish my wife played geetard or shook a tamborine or,,well:confused: anything!,sing!,scream,yell about anything other than cashflow girl!,get up off that couch and DO SOMTHING!:rollno:

i'd love to be a lower cast person to a talented singer songwriter instrumentalist instead of this=mid-life-crisis crappola she hits me with,(i just don't understand why when music is a part of life,isn't it?),she doesn't even LISTEN to music(at all,maybe some oddball station in the car but down low)no interest whatsoever=?,,sada!! deal i live for music she apparently doesn't like the`noise'(while she talks BS)=?

anybody have a wife that loves music or=?

2. Can you summarize this all into one clear question?

3. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    Get yourself thos BOSE headphones and then you won't hear her and you can play music , practice the bass day and night. Me. I never got married, life has its trade-offs....:cool:

4. Evil Undead

Evil Undead

Oct 31, 2009
    My Mrs loves music, I'm very lucky

5. well, my wife loves music too, though she won't let me have as many basses as i'd like... she has some completely different tastes than i do, but that's ok...

6. Still not clear on what the question was, but I could also say this^
    :)

7. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    My GF told me I don't have enough basses.

-

To the OP, does your wife have a passion, something she gets up in the morning for? If so, there is probably a way for you to explain what music means to you.

8. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    Try not to let her lack of interest in your passion effect you. People like that don't understand and never will. ;)

9. skwee

skwee

Apr 2, 2010
    Minneapolis
    as long as she doesn't ask you to give it up. If she does, she is out of line. I have a family member whose wife made him give up guitar when they were newly married. Made him absolutely bitter and miserable, and it took him like 20 years to get it back in his life.

10. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    The girlfriend likes music (much of it good stuff that she's acquired from me:meh: ), and comes out to my shows, but she's incredibly nonchalant in regards to my stuff.:meh: