1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Musicans Friend messed up, what should i do?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bbe, Jul 22, 2007.

1. bbe

bbe

Nov 6, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I play drums and bass equally, and i switch off upgrading my gear for both instruments. this time i bought a pack of zildjian a custom cymbals off musicansfriend (which pained me to do), and i paid $650 for it. Well i got the box at my house, opened it up and found that m.f. shipped me two of the sets. I checked my credit card, and i was only charged for one.

so what do i do with this second set?

2. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    EBAY!!!!!:D

3. steve21

steve21 Banned

If they find their error they'll probably charge you for the second one without notifying you.

But if they don't, you can, I suppose, tell them of their error and send it back. Or do what I'd do (And apparently Ryan L.) and eBay the sucker.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Wait a month and see what happens.

Wait, that only works for fraudulent checks...

5. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

Check the shipping list inside the box.
    If 2 sets appear on it, you will be charged. Good idea to tell them.
    Otherwise, their loss is your gain.

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    The right thing to do is send them back. However, the law says that, if someone sends you something you didn't ask for, you may keep it.

7. If your order only states one set of them, they cannot make you pay for the other set, as you agreed to a binding contract to pay X amount for them :)

8. check the order form and receipt and if it says 1 then keep the other for spares.

if it says 2 then send them back and notify MF.

lets hope it says 1. extra set of cymballs woo!

or ebay :D