1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Musicdojo.com

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by sackvegas, Sep 6, 2008.

1. sackvegas

sackvegas

Dec 1, 2006
    Does anyone on the board have any information on this site?

I was thinking of joining in hopes of changing up my current practice routine and learning some new stuff and getting a different outlook on the Bass.

How much per month?

How good is the instruction and support?

Is it worth it?

Any info appreaciated

Thanks

2. Tenma4

Tenma4

Jan 26, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    I've taken a couple of courses a few years back, right after it started. It's the brainchild of Adam Nitti, my bass hero. If you're aware of him, he's one of the best players on this planet. His lessons are great, emphasizing economy of motion, seeking out and destroying bad habits, and generally training our brains to make our muscles work more efficiently.

The courses themselves will take some dedication if you want to get everything under your belt, depending on your current level of skill. Prices are reasonable, comparable to local private lessons. You're better off having 2-way communication via the web with pros guiding you than paying the same money to the 6 (total) fingered gui**** guy rolling his own at your local music store who can spasmodically slap a bass with his good thumb.

Uhm, my apologies to injured bassists everywhere. Nothing personal meant. I'm among you. Anyway, I'd say MusicDojo would meet your goals very well. It's worth it if you're going to put in the required time. Just plan on daily practice instead of so much time many of us waste in noodling.
    :D

3. I've taken a few courses from them. They usually run about $50 per course and have 2-3 different levels per course. Plus, they allow you to communicate to the teachers and leave messages for them. I you're interested I'd definitely give it a shot.

4. sackvegas

sackvegas

Dec 1, 2006
    That's all I needed to hear, i'm signing up. The biggest thing i'm guilty of is noodling and I desperatly need to stop. I'd be a bad ass player right now if it wasn't for this f*cking A.D.D.

Thanks!

5. nickonbass

nickonbass

Jun 8, 2008
    Agree with what everyone else said.

Awesome courses - great teachers and the contact is fantastic.

The slap stuff with Anthony Wellington is great.
    http://www.anthonywellington.com/

He is a great player :bassist: an amazing teacher and all round really nice guy.

100% recommend to all.

6. shatterd

shatterd

Feb 24, 2008
    I like workshoplive.com

but I'll definitely check out this one too!