1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Musician Ads, Postings, Search Engines...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BassAxe, Jun 14, 2003.

1. BassAxe

BassAxe

Jul 22, 2002
    Culpeper, VA
    I like the setup on Harmony-Central
    http://www.harmony-central.com Scroll down to "Browse Musician Ads" on the left.

It's the best I've ever seen. You just put in your zip code, select a search radius, and all of the ads within that search radius of your home zip code will appear; most recent at the top.

My only problem with it is that the website seems to be geared towards your more mainstream rock/country genres, judging by the content and the ads posted there.

Does anyone know of any good websites or search engines for more non-mainstream musicians? Accordian players, horn players, didjuridoo, steel drum, bagpipers, tuba, etc.?

Thanks.

2. Do a google search for "musicians classifieds"
    and "musicians seeking". There's a bunch of stuff out there, most of which are only useful if you live in the US.

3. BassAxe

BassAxe

Jul 22, 2002
    Culpeper, VA
    I've tried that. There's a lot of crap sites, too. Many of them have posts like: "Need a bass player in the Fairbanks, Alaska area."

Um... great. I'm on the East Coast of the United States. That's one thing I love about the H-C site.

I was hoping someone might have a specific URL.

Thanks.

Yes, I'm a lazy bum. A lazy bum who doesn't have much free time to weed through a thousand ineffective ad boards.