Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Musician Ads, Postings, Search Engines...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BassAxe, Jun 14, 2003.

1. BassAxe

BassAxe

Jul 22, 2002
    Culpeper, VA
    I like the setup on Harmony-Central
    http://www.harmony-central.com Scroll down to "Browse Musician Ads" on the left.

It's the best I've ever seen. You just put in your zip code, select a search radius, and all of the ads within that search radius of your home zip code will appear; most recent at the top.

My only problem with it is that the website seems to be geared towards your more mainstream rock/country genres, judging by the content and the ads posted there.

Does anyone know of any good websites or search engines for more non-mainstream musicians? Accordian players, horn players, didjuridoo, steel drum, bagpipers, tuba, etc.?

Thanks.

2. Do a google search for "musicians classifieds"
    and "musicians seeking". There's a bunch of stuff out there, most of which are only useful if you live in the US.

3. BassAxe

BassAxe

Jul 22, 2002
    Culpeper, VA
    I've tried that. There's a lot of crap sites, too. Many of them have posts like: "Need a bass player in the Fairbanks, Alaska area."

Um... great. I'm on the East Coast of the United States. That's one thing I love about the H-C site.

I was hoping someone might have a specific URL.

Thanks.

Yes, I'm a lazy bum. A lazy bum who doesn't have much free time to weed through a thousand ineffective ad boards.