musician classifieds

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by *ToNeS*, Jun 12, 2001.

1. *ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    quite recently i took over lead vocals for my band as well as doing the low-end thing. we are now a trio, but originally we had four members. our old vocalist, however, was completely unreliable and his heart just wasn't in it. he was just one of those guys who just wanted to say to people, "hey, i'm in a band!" ... and to be completely honest, he couldn't sing or write lyrics or really do anything vaguely musical at all ... he was just a friend that we got in on the band. you know how it is :p anyway, my point is we're now interested in finding a rhythm guitarist (preferably female, always good to have feminine energy flying around the rehearsal space :D) and i was wondering if anyone knows of any online musician "classifieds", say where one could advertise the need for a musician or alternately advertise their own services ? i've been looking everywhere and have found one, which about 6 people had been to since its conception in 1986 ;) so any input would be greatly appreciated !
  2. MikeyD

Sep 9, 2000
  3. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
  4. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Are there any music stores in your area? I mean musical instrument stores, not CD stores. Almost all have a bulletin board on which you can post your request for free for a rhythm guitarist. That same bulletin might just have a notice from a rhythm guitarist looking for a band. Be sure to post your style of music and if you plan to be playing paying gigs.

Laudromats also often have bulletin boards. even my local Kroger supermarket has such a bulletin board.

Also, if push comes to shove, you can run a paid classified ad in the newspaper.

The trouble with computer ads is that a musician would have to be computer literate, have Internet acess and know the musician's classified web sites in order for you to link up. Seems like the easier way to go is to have an announcement in a place a guitarist is MOST likely to see it.

Oh, one last idea. If you know any guitar teachers, they often know guitarists who would fit the discription of what you want. Good luck.