1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Musicians, actors and drugs

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Axtman, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Axtman

Axtman Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Seattle, Washington
    Why do some many musicians, actors and other artists get involved with drugs?

2. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    What is our purpose on Earth?

What is the meaning of life?

Why do people kill?

Sorry, I figured if we were going to ask open ended questions I'd throw in a few more.

3. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    'Cos drugs are cool.

4. Cuz they have lots of money (while they're famous and until they blow it all on drugs).

5. Why do dogs lick their balls?

6. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    To turn me on.

7. DudeistMonk

DudeistMonk

Apr 13, 2008
    Newark, NJ
    Really?

A) Drugs enhance creativity by changing prospective, art is all about prospective. They can also remove inhibitions, bring out latent parts of the personality, offer new understanding of shape, space, balance, motion...

B) Many people in general are into drugs, it's just the more famous have more light shed on their private lives. Also you can just take one look or listen at a psychedelic painting or album and know that the artist was tripped out, there is no hiding when your putting your art and yourself out there like that.

C) Artists hang out with other weird artists/bohemians makes drugs easy to get, easy to do and the norm.

D) Drugs have been a part of every human culture for since the dawn of time, and traditionally they are used for art, meditation, medicine, celebration, ceremony...you name it. Creatives doing drugs isn't new, people doing drugs isn't new...It's the failed prohibition drug policy that's new.

The problem isn't drugs, artists should be doing drugs if it makes them better...The problem is the abuse of those drugs and hacks who think drugs are a shortcut to talent.

8. What's a henway?

9. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    The path the, uh, roosters follow.

10. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    [​IMG]

11. [​IMG]

12. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Money, access, "entitlement", boredom....

13. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    Poor Elvis. :rollno:

14. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Lots of different people use drugs. You just won't see "welder's family ruined by meth addiction" or "suburban teenager busted with marijuana" on the cover of People magazine or on the evening news.

15. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Also similar are forebears.

16. Fixed.

17. And potfors.

18. [​IMG]

This thread is very edgeucationel...........

19. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    And "Movie Superstar leads a fine life" doesn't make for a shocking headline either.

20. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco/HELIX user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2004
    South Texas
    They have targets on their backs as seen by street pharmacists and even the ones with sheepskins. And thus, the vultures move in.
    The Queen song "Death on Two Legs" can be applied to such pathogen.
    A fool and his money are easily what?

Maybe they just kaint stand prosperity?