Musician's Friend 20% off AND an additional 7% with Mr. Rebates

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by bassguppy, Dec 14, 2015.

1. bassguppy

bassguppy

Jan 8, 2003
    Queens
    Musicians Friend has had 20% off on some items for the past week but go thru Mr. Rebates and get an additional 7%. The 7% is not an automatic discount, you sign up and after a few months your account will have the rebate available and you can either request a check or they will send a payment via your PayPal account.

So spend 2,000 and get a $400 discount from MF and in a few months you will have an additional $150 available. Total $550 off. :thumbsup:

Fred312b likes this.
  2. invalidprotocol

invalidprotocol

Dec 11, 2008
    DFW
    MF is enrolling people into a new program where you get back 8% back. They call it their back stage pass.

3. Fred312b

Fred312b Proof that gear doesn't make you a better player Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    And emails from a person telling you about the deals... Can't wait until they start calling like Sweetwater...

4. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    Things may of course have changed, but during the last gasp of my dealings with MF, I never got them to authorize the 7% back from Mr. Rebates, not one single time. After one of their panicky belt-tightening policy shakeups, it just stopped.

The "not good with any other discount or offer" evasion, apparently, and it's not like I was ever going to be buying stuff at everyday retail. If you've recently gotten back the 7% on stuff like closeouts and SDOTD offerings, let me know.

All of the GCI proprietaries seem to have made a science of deincentivizing my patronage. :unsure:

5. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    Gosh, I'd forgotten about that!

Some joker called me up early one morning and woke me up with this nonsense, I hung up on him and I got something like five phone messages and emails over the next week from him about it until I sent a pretty scathing email to Sweetwater saying I never under any circumstances wanted to hear from them or him ever again.

It was truly surreal, like a bad dream.

6. MingusBass

MingusBass Commercial User

Sep 27, 2004
    Fort Wayne,Indiana
    Sorry about that! If there's anything I can help you out with, let me know...I've been a TBer longer than I've worked for Sweetwater. We aren't trying to bother people, for reals! :)

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021