Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Musician's Friend: Out of their minds again!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Michael Jewels, Sep 18, 2002.

1. I'm once again toying with the idea of getting another guitar - not a bass, a guitar. (Like I need one)

Anyway, to cut to the chase, I've been scoping out a few and have it narrowed down to about 4, but, I've just about settled on either a Schecter PT Elite or Standard. (A schecter Telecaster)

I've been going to M/F's site everyday for about the past 3 weeks, but, between yesterday and today, they dropped the price on just black PT Standards by $150.00 !!! :eek:

The gold ones are still $419.00

The black ones as of this morning are now $269.00

The whole purpose of this thread is to sound the alarm to anyone who is thinking of buying anything gear related. I haven't really been checking out the bass section that closely, but, who knows what prices they're chopping over there.

Must I say more?

Here's the link I was refering to: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...8164742779/search/g=home/detail/base_id/46135

Good hunting, all.

Mike J.

2. lil_bass_boy

lil_bass_boy Banned

Oct 25, 2001
    Maryland, USA
    Why would they drop the price on the black on but not on the gold? Is the gold a more expensive finish?

That's pretty odd. I hope they do some crazy price cuts on basses.

-Max

4. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    carpe diem!!!;)

5. O.K. It's a little after 9 am in NYC. I just logged on and checked out the link to M/F. Please, someone else go there now and tell me what you see. Both the black and the gold models are now $419.00 :rolleyes:

Do you see what I mean about M/F? I think they're all nuts at that place. (except PM Kelly:D )

Why do they do this?

Unbelievable.

Mike J.

6. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    .......simple answer
    Musicians Friend is SATANIC! if you would like to order one of my tracks explaining how they cast spells on you by changing there prices... BACKWARDS and then FOWARDS..
    Write

I suck a caraboos bootyhole with horseradish
    macon rd.
    memphis tn, 38112
    -----------------
    anyway.. yes.. They are simply satanic.. if you order a guitar you will doomed for a life in hell.. where your soul will fester in the lake of fire!
    --------------

jk dude
    nice looking guitar.. i had the same problem..
    I got my yamaha for 100 bucks on MF and the next day it was normal price so *grin*

7. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    My sig says it all......

8. This has nothing to do with M/F, but, on the way into the forum I noticed that it was someone's birthday today.

Happy birthday Nick C.

Many more. :)

Mike J.

9. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Thanks, but I hate to burst your bubble.... I fit in well with the psychos here... If I had more time to tell you stories! Anyway, it's pretty funny to watch the sales they throw sometimes, because the sales price will end up below cost! I don't know if this is the case with these schecters, but I will tell you this about them. Super guitars! I have wanted to get one for a while, just haven't had the right timing yet. The "Duncan Designed" pickups are IMHO some of the best discount (for lack of a better word) pups that have come out in a while! The PT's play pretty nice, and the sound cool.... I like 'em....

P@

10. Kelvin

Kelvin

Apr 30, 2000
    Singapore.
    I'm inclined to think that someone who maintains their website received a severe reprimand fairly recently.

11. What's up with them not carrying MTD kingstons now. Went to the site to look at them and they didn't have any.:rolleyes:

12. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
  13. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    hey micheal.. i gotta new guitar today..
    oh yeah.. heres my birthday present.. the boss gt-6
    and with the money i got.. i traded my acoustic guitar for this nice electric.... i got 130 for the acoustic.. and gave the guy a hundred in cash and brought home a early 90s/late 80s fender squier in perfect condition... with dimazio pickups..=D

14. slick519

slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
    as i read in "Guitar player":oops: they rated that the epiphone gothic explorer a better guitar, over all. but the schecter wasnt very far behind!

slicks