Musician's Friend - Stupid Deal of The Day

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by morrisonhendrix, Nov 2, 2018.

1. morrisonhendrix

morrisonhendrix When the music's over, turn out the lights... Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2009
    near Dallas, Texas
    tlite, lesclaypoolsob and jimmyb like this.
  2. tlite

tlite

Aug 18, 2016
    Florida
    I have one - LOVE this pedal. So tempting to get another at this price but I just don't need two. Great deal

DiabolicLow B and dxb like this.
  3. dxb

dxb

Dec 25, 2016
    I've been looking for a bass-specific overdrive. Does this pedal sound good with both active and passive basses? Also does it have space inside for two 9-volt batteries, or will it only run in 18v mode with a power adapter?

4. Rojd

Rojd Supporting Member

May 29, 2018
    Rocky Mountains
    I'm seriously thinking of grabbing this. I have a Dr. J Bass overdrive and a EHX Bass Big Muff Pi, which I like, but think this might be replacing those 2.

5. dxb

dxb

Dec 25, 2016
    I went ahead and bought one so for anyone who's wondering, there's only space inside for one 9V battery. To get 18V you have to use an AC adapter, though in the manual it says its designed to work best at 9V.

6. tlite

tlite

Aug 18, 2016
    Florida
    Sorry missed the flag on this thread earlier- would've replied! Anyhow- enjoy the pedal. Still love mine!

7. dxb

dxb

Dec 25, 2016
    No worries, I was going to buy it anyway ;). But yeah its a cool pedal. There are so many settings I feel like I've only scratched the surface of what it can do.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  8. RickenCliff

RickenCliff

Aug 6, 2012
    St. Louis
  9. Marko 1

Marko 1 Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    bobcruz likes this.
  10. RickenCliff

RickenCliff

Aug 6, 2012
    St. Louis
    Oh they can't be that bad, can they?

11. Marko 1

Marko 1 Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    I'm afraid they are. The most costly cable is a cheap cable, lol... Stage covered in cables, something isn't working right and you've got to fish through it before the show starts? At a time like that, you'd gladly give up the few bucks you saved to not have that problem. But just the money part-- you just threw away $3.50 you could have put towards a decent cable. Best budget cable I know of is from GHS Audio if you want to save some money. Otherwise EWI from Audiopile if you want to spend more. :)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  12. bobcruz

bobcruz

Mar 10, 2004
    CA
    +1 that these cables are worthless--the ones I got worked perhaps a half dozen to a dozen times in very careful usage before becoming intermittent.

Marko 1 likes this.