Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Musician's friend

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Chris J, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Did I misunderstand or does MF not ship to Canada? It said they can only ship 4 or 5 brands internationally. How am I going to get my aggie obp-3 now?

2. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
  3. BluesBrian

BluesBrian

Aug 16, 2004
    S.F. East Bay
    hmmmm...

from their website:

International Shipping
    Due to manufacturer restrictions, we are unable to ship outside of the United States. The only Exceptions to this policy (some restrictions apply for these destinations):

Puerto Rico
    US Military addresses (i.e. APO and FPO addresses)
    Locations that use a US Postal ZIP Code, such as Guam, The Virgin Islands, etc..

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/content/doc_id=79669

4. Thanks for the pointer. I see you live in Ottawa too! Do you do your own setups or do you know of a good bass tech in the area? I must say I am sickened by the people at Steve's so I'm not taking my gear there anymore.

5. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    I do all my own setups. Luckily I am a hack player so I don't need a fancy setup :D Seriously, you should learn to do your own setups. Except for big things like fret dressing or cutting a new nut, most setup is easy. And it is an incremental process, which makes it hard to get it done by anyone else unless you have a personal tech.

6. I'm the same as you, a hack player who does his own setups. :D The reason I was asking was because I don't want to have to cut my own nut or dress my own frets. My Yamaha 5er's frets seem to be poking out the sides. Like the fretboard shrank. So far it isn't bad....yet...