Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Musician's Friend

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Ulyanov, Apr 22, 2001.

1. I'm thinking of ordering some new pickups from Musician's Friend, but I'm a little worried about buying off of the internet. Has anyone here ordered from them? Are they reliable? Any help would be appreciated

2. I ordered a zoom pedal about a year ago, and I got some canvas bad of some kind. I was pissed, but I called them, and they were helpful and sent the pedal, no proof needed. I prob wont buy from them, but I dont hold any grudges at all.

3. 311 fan

311 fan

Sep 24, 2000
    La Verne, CA
    Yes, Ive ordered from them. Their not that bad. I only noticed 2 problems. For one, they tell you it should be there in 3 to 5 days. It took me over a week and a half to get my stuff. Of course, that could just be my location. And whatever you order is pretty much thrown in a box and shipped. No case or anything. But you do get what you order. If its a good deal, go for it.

4. Nero 6-30-7

Nero 6-30-7

Apr 18, 2001
    Dude, I haven't hardly any problems with them. The only delay that I've ever had has been when something's on backorder.

5. I never had probs.. :D

6. Hey, thanks for the feedback, I think I may go for it, if I can ever save up enough money. Lousy cheap Canadian money, ugh. Anyway, I probably should have mentioned it in my original post, but has anyone ordered from juststrings.com?

7. no problems

8. MJB

MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    juststrings.com is great, good prices and quick delivery. I've never had a problem with MF either.

9. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Never had a problem of any kind or with AMS, either.

jo

10. Copycat

Copycat Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    I've ordered online from Musician's Friend, samash.com, AMS (americanmusical.com), juststrings.com--yes, I'm an internet slut. The only problem I've had with MF, and it was a big one, was when I ordered a blem Ashbory bass from them. The thing showed up in a beaten up box. Very little packing material. The bass had no G string. I ordered blue--it was red. And when I plugged it in...nothing. No signal. Clearly they never reopened the box that was returned to them from whoever had this originally. The packing slip was unsigned, so I couldn't even tell them who the culprit was. So that turned me off. Big time. It was the only glitch I've ever had, as I said, but it was huge. They did send me a return label and refunded the money, so there's nothing disreputable there. If you have a problem, their customer service dept. will address it. In my case, I would have liked a letter of apology or something that would have acknowledged the severity of the problem I experienced.

11. only problems i have is when ordering big items such as amps, they always seem to have taken damage in some way. and my bass came with no stings but they send me a set of my choice because of this. interstate music is better about getting your stuff undamaged but may take longer.

12. John Ruiz

John Ruiz

Oct 9, 2000
    Plano, Tx
    My guitar player ordered a powered mixer for our P.A from there and they sent him the mixer PLUS two moniters (accidentally), he called them and told them about it, but they never charged him for them!

13. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I've had good experiences with musicians friend and juststrings. I ordered strings from tuningpeg once, it took months and quite a few emails before I finally got a lame excuse and the strings.

14. davetsbass

davetsbass Guest

Mar 24, 2001
    burnt hills NY
    I ordered a cabinet from them and it was crazy. I ordered it on a tuesday orignally and was expecting to to come that friday. I had two day shipping. So the weekend goes by and I still haven't recived my cab. Then I called them to ask whats up and they said that they never recieved the order and said it fell into their black hole when ordering. This was the following tuesday. Then i got the same thing again, the cab w/ 2 day shipping and it came on time but it was stupid because i was out when Fedex came to my house so I had to pick it up the next day at a shop 45 minutes away.