Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Musician's Friend?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by lo-end, Jul 20, 2001.

1. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    I get the Musicians friend catalog and am a frequent visitor to musiciansfriend.com. I am wondering if anyone here has any experience with musiciansfriend's online store and knows how they work. I am hoping to find out where their equipment is shipped from, what condition it arrives in, and if they are a good reliable place to buy gear. (especially basses)

The main reason I am asking this question is Musicians Friend has a much bigger selection of gear than most music stores, and you can pretty much order whatever you want. This seems pretty cool to me, but I am confused about how it works for basses:

Does the bass arrive with a decent setup and how is it protected when it arrives in the mail? Does it arrive in the mail? This whole web shopping thing cant be applied to instruments, can it???

2. Hi lo end and welcome to Talk Bass. I have bought a few things from MF and I was satisfied with the service. I ordered a bass from them and it arrived UPS in good condition. The bass will probably not be set up because of the process of shipping. All I did to mine was adjust the bridge and tune it up and it was ready to go. The bass I ordered was shipped out of Oregon, but the amp I ordered (at a later time) was shipped out of Tenn. or something like that. They have a good return policy and usually have some good deals. As I must say though I feel that it is always best to try a bass before you buy it, but if it is a good deal go for it. You can almost always return it if you don't like it. Hope this helps.

bj

3. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    yeah i can try what I want before I buy it, but what I want doesnt come in the right color.

4. I order things like strings, picks, parts, pedals, etc from them. I had strings shipped via the fine folks in the Postal Service. It took 2 weeks. It was shipped on time and everything, but the Post office was like..."hmmm why not make him wait another day."

OTOH, Ive had no problems with UPS. It gets here in 2-3 days.

5. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    That is where i got my MIA P-bass for $500. I live in Seattle and they shippid it from Knoxville, Tenn. (they even have where houses in Oregon and Washington) It arrived in 2-3 weeks. I didn't have any problems with there service.

6. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    I bought my MIM Fender Jazz bass from MF last September. It came from Oregon, and surprisingly, was good to go right out of the box!
    When you order, you can get a tracking number from them. UPS's site will tell you where it went to, what time it arrived and departed from those places, and when you can expect to get it.
    The people there have been helpful. Sometimes, they have deals for online orders; i.e free ground shipping on orders over $199.00
    IMHO, you can do well there, so give a shot.
    Hope that helps.