1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Musician's Friend?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by RexNFX79, Mar 27, 2009.

1. RexNFX79

RexNFX79

Jan 12, 2009
    TENNESSEE
    I feel the need to vent a little frustration and share some info on this retailer. I ordered a pedal, some coupler cables, and a pedal board on 2/9 from musician's friend. All of these items were listed on the website as in stock when I ordered them. The pedal came but nothing else. I have just recieved my THIRD backorder notice this morning saying that they don't expect to have the board in stock until the end of the month and the couple cables aren't going to be in stock until 4/15. It ticks me off to order something that is listed as in stock and ready to ship and then the order doesn't completely ship until over two months later. All of the correspondence from them has been very generic and they have done nothing to keep my business except say that I can cancel the order. I have spent around $2000.00 with them this year and that's all I got to try to keep me as a customer? I know they have a large inventory that is probably difficult to keep up with but all the same, I think I'm done with Musician's Friend.

2. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Well like MF said then, cancel the order. Then you can take your business elsewhere.

3. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    I prefer www.americanmusical.com . Their customer service is much quicker and more friendly IME. I get delivery the next day (because I'm only 1 state away from their warehouse). I like the easy payment plans. And I get unbelievably awesome deals at times. Just got a free $300 M-audio field recorder with the purchase of $150 M-audio monitors. Already have the recorder sold so I wound up getting the monitors for free.

Yeah. I like american musical. :)

4. boomthump

boomthump

Feb 19, 2009
    I built my own board with 3/4" plywood(1'x2')ozite(boat carpet)and velcro on the back of the pedals that sticks to the ozite and put aluminum trim around the edge from the hardware store and using a one spot to power 'em up.Spent about $25 bucks on materials(not including the one spot)and used it that evening at a gig.Done deal!

5. RexNFX79

RexNFX79

Jan 12, 2009
    TENNESSEE

Yeah, I'm really wishing that I had just built my own.

6. I've always been very impressed with Musician's Friend myself. They do have a 'warning' when you order something that even though it's marked 'in stock', someone might order the last one in stock right before you place your order.

Backorders are not the fault of the retailer, and IMO you should be impressed that you are getting regular updates and have the ability to quickly and easily cancel your order if you don't want to wait. They also only charge your card when the item ships.

They also have very good customer service. Of the many things I've ordered from them, I've only had one 'damaged during shipment' item, and had a new one within literally a few days of sending it back (on their nickel). Nice!

Just another point of view, although I can totally understand the frustration of thinking something was coming right away and then having to wait. That's a bummer.

7. jburr

jburr

Mar 17, 2009
    Had to cancel an order from MF today because it just takes them too long to process an order. Expedited shipping is pretty useless if the process time is 3 or 4 days.

I have used MF many times over the last 10 years and lately they have just not been that great. I purchased an ampeg combo from them and it was defective, sent it back and ordered an entirely different one and it too had a defective speaker.

On the bright side, I think the people they have doing customer service are fantastic. I have never had an issue with a refund or canceling an order.