Musicians Friend

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bob Clayton, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i am thinking of bying some mics and cables though them(and possibly a bass) i wanna kno from people who have dealt with them before if they are worth it. like were any products damaged? was quality of the products what u expected it to be?

2. I've bought 1 bass, 2 guitars, 1 amp and a few other small things like an overdrive pedal, etc. Everything I've bought has been in perfect condition, I have no complaints against them whatsoever.

3. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Do a will find mixed reviews here.

I have had good luck with them. Bought a MIA P bass, practice amp, effects and misc items. No complaints.
  4. i've gotten a bass and two amps from them. great condition, except the grillcloth on an ampeg combo got busted in on one corner during shipping. they replaced it though. pretty good folks.
  5. mt10125

Nov 15, 2002
    West Virginia
    I bought a bass from them and I was very satisfied.
  6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Buy your mics and stuff from Riks Music. Cheaper, free shipping on orders over $250, excellent service. Riks Music

American Musical Supply is also excellent. American Musical Supply

Of course, you will buy everything that Bass Central carries from Gard. Bass Central

Dot NOT buy from Music123.
  7. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    wowsers :eek:

I thought I was the only one that disliked those f...folks :)
  8. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    hmmm... another happy customer with the 123 folks... they tried to screw me out of a 20" cable!

9. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Anyone have any experience with ZZounds? I am interested in placing an order with them, but haven't talked to anyone who's used them, so I don't wanna get screwed outta my $320.
  10. bassackwards

bassackwards Member

Dec 16, 2002
    I bought some effects from Zzounds a while ago. No complaints. I have to also say do not buy from Music123 . They are currently jerking me around for what's going on 2 months over a 35.00 footswitch. Very poor customer service.:(
  11. SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    I bought my Aguilar head, and SG, and a Johnson guitar amp. Plus some effect, etc from Musicians Friend and have had nothing but good luck, even when I wanted to return something...Plus, you dont have to wait in line for the dumbasses at Guitar Center to tell you BS about stuff they don't know...

12. Monkey

Monkey Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    I have no complaints with MF. One order didn't get here by Christmas, but they let me know they were out of stock.
  13. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I bought a few smaller items from there. No problems on either end.
  14. tboyd

Sep 10, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Damn, I already F'd up. I just ordered a Hartke Kickback 12 from Music123 on Sunday. Let's hope I don't have any "issues". I'm new here but I promise to be more careful in the future...
  15. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Buy from MF if you don't mind buying from a stoned order taker who has no concept of the term customer service and who has no idea what is really in stock or not. I have made 2 or 3 what I would consider major orders from MF and only 1 went without a hitch. They are clueless. and...for the guy who would rather deal with them than Guitar Center.....they are the same company!
  16. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas problems. I've ordered effects/stands, etc and all arrived ok. Prices seem decent.

MF...have had no issues either, ship pretty fast. Sometimes you can catch an item REALLY CHEAP: exp: Yamaha NE-1 for $29...until they realize what they've done and change it back...

Music 123. As Munji said: DON'T DO IT. Before I knew about them, I ordered an acoustic bass from them, I received a guitar and then had to spend 2 months trying to get it returned and credited back to me. They refused to send out the proper item until they got the other back--I told them to "stick it".
  17. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    This can be a good thing, I ordered a cymbal from them, and by mistake they sent me two, haha. Hello Ebay!!
  18. rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    I've ordered a bass through them. The only problem I had was it took them about a week to get it in the mail. One guy said it was in stock another would tell me it was out of stock and so on... They were good at answering my e-mails though, even though the response was different every time:confused: The bass came well packed and perfect, so no complaints there.
  19. I have bought things from MF several times, as have some of the other member of my band. None of us have had a problem at all, though once my drummer got some extra symbols sent to him, but that is not really a bad thing, for him anyway.
  20. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego

Yeah, but you can get about ten percent off the MF price at GC.