Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Musician's wife (to be) survival kit?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by leanne, Aug 27, 2005.

1. leanne

leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    A close friend of mine is getting married soon, and I have to come up with a gift for the bridal shower. The groom is a musician, and the bride is not. I want to make a sort of "survival kit" for the bride, but I can't think of many things to include...

So far:
    asprin
    ear plugs
    some sort of relationship book, like "men are from mars..."

That's all I've got. Any ideas?

2. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I think Tony Levin (the bassist) has a book with good stories from his trips, that could be a nice addition.

3. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    "Beyond The Bass Clef", definitely a good addition. :)

It's actually an entertaining read, one that I believe even a non-musician can enjoy...and there's an AWESOME recipe for carrot cake in the book!!! Yummmmmmy....

:D

Do NOT give her the Jaco biography by Milkowski...

:eek:

4. 'JC'

'JC'

Mar 14, 2000
    Pre-nup agreement? :bag: :D

5. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I think the groom/musician is the one who needs the survival kit!

6. In this Septembers issue of Bass Player magazine is an article titled "Married To The Bass" by Robin Goldsby, John Goldsbys wife.

You could frame this, (it's only one page) and give it to her. The article is well done, kind of a tongue in check description of the ups and downs of being married to a bassist.

This article is specific about being married to a bassist, but I think anyone can relate to it.

7. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    How about something that makes it clear he's now off the market.
    Maybe an oversized novelty wedding ring. Or a T-shirt that says, "Will you buy my wife a drink as well?"

8. Bass_Man61

Bass_Man61

Jul 18, 2005
    How about a copy of the song Beth by Kiss . Just to let her know what shes gettin into. :D :bassist: :bag:

9. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I may have to sign one, unfortunately as far as bass is concerned, it wouldn't be in my favor :)